Help! Lost driving view & main menu

I HAVE A TOM TOM 130 AND WHEN I TURN IT ON I DON'T GET THE ORIGINAL DRIVING VIEW AND I CAN'T TAP THE SCREEN TO GET THE MAIN MENU. I DOWNLOADED TOM TOM HOME, AND IT COMES UP WITH THE USA AND CANADA MAP. I TAP ON THAT AND IT SAYS "PROBLEM WITH MAP. CANNOT ISE THIS MAP ON THIS DEVICE" HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

Please don't use all caps when posting........hard on the eyes.

That said, where did you get your unit from? From a legitimate retailer (not ebay) and did it used to work?

Tom Tom 130

I purchased at Carson's. It came up when I originally got it. But then I downloaded Tom Tom Home, and now I can't get it.:confused:

Downloading Home shouldn't cause the problem. That software goes on your computer, not the unit.

Connect the unit to the computer. Don't start Home. Look at the contents using Explorer. Is there a map folder there (USA_Canada, probably)? If so, is there is a file in it with an extension of .meta.dct?

Also, did you download an updated map? If so, it'll be here in compressed format:

C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\maps\

So, using Explorer, not Home, make a complete backup of your unit's contents. Then, after ensuring the backup is on your computer, remove all the loose files in the root of the unit using Explorer. Don't delete any Folders or their contents.

Connect the unit to Home and it should offer an application update. Accept it & install. Disconnect the unit properly from Home using the Device disconnect icon. Restart the unit.

Any better?

Ask a Question