Help getting Device not connected to work

Hi

I do not us windooooz but instead use Ubuntu Linux for safety and security. Is it not about time that Tom Tom made Tom Tom work on a Linux machine?

I can get Tom Tom home run using the Wine project and the only thing is it says no device connected.

Or if you know of a way that tom Tom home can be made to run perhaps you could help me others like me who choose a safe system.

I have a Tom Tom Go300 with maps of France, Spain and Portugal and GB to maintain.

Peter

There are no "safe" systems, only safe owners.

I see you blew up with Wine from your other thread. Your OS still has issues with USB mass storage devices at times. You didn't mention which build you were running.

I would note that you said you already had this problem solved on 3 different machines back in May of 2009 when you posted the Crossover recommendation here.

https://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom-go-630-720-720t-730-730t-740-750/4748-linux-tomtom.html

What happened to that solution?

Meanwhile, note these threads:
Tomtom GPS USB Port - Ubuntu Forums
Tomtom GPS USB Port - Page 2 - Ubuntu Forums

Ask a Question