Hello from London UK Lacanox here, & HELP

TomTom Model(s)
One version 4
Hello chaps,

I have got the Tomtom 1 version 4 & downloaded TYRE which is a program that lets you design a route in google maps & export to you Tomtom. This I have done & my computer has noted the route has been saved to my device. But please oh Tomtom masters where on the device are routes kept so I can open them please?

Thanks for your attention

Last edited:
Itineraries should be stored in the itn folder to be 'seen' by the unit and be able to be selected.

Have a look through the menu on your device, can you find an icon for Itinerary? some of the TomTom devices have recently been released with this function left out, I am not too sure if Itinerary Planning is actually possible on a One v4 - Mike

Thanks for the help chaps & your right my Tomtom 1 does not come with that option it has been disabled. But I gather if I download fimware 7 I could re-activate it, any ideas anyone?

cheers

Lacanox

Nope, that won't work as you would also need earlier maps than those supplied with the device for it to work with the One you own - If the Itinerary planning is something you really need than consider returning the device as unfit for purpose and get a model that does support the Itinerary function - Mike

Thank you mike what about getting version 7 firmware & downgrading my machine to that will that work? seems to be suggested on this site & then I could use the TYRE program.

Lacanox

Ok I'm a plonker just properly read your post Mike, but it does seem that others are doing this. Which si the Next Tom tom up please that does have the Itinerary option?

thanks again,

I must read the post before replying.

Last edited:
The XL and Go devices all currently support Itinerary planning, its a shame this capability has been dropped from some of the lower end devices as they ae quite capable of performing Itinerary functions - Mike

Thank you again mike for your kind help. I took my Tomtom one & said not fit for purpose due to lack of support for itinerary & London Halfords have agreed to change it so I can upgrade to a either a Go or XL. But i played with 2 demo ones an XL & a go & I could not find itinerary in their system. Is this only a thing available using the TYRE program? Where should I have a look for the Itinerary item if it is in fact already there please? Under which menu?

thanks again

Lacanox

On my Go (720), the selection for Itinerary Planning is on page 3 of the main menu. However, the demo models may have been operating with fewer menu options and, consequently, IP may not be available.

Go for the Go device as it is a far more capable device and will support itinerary planning, the One and XL ranges are a minefield to try and work out what capabilities each stupid model has relative to the other devices - Mike

Ask a Question