Got an XL 330 S for Christmas, should I keep it

I got a Tomtom XL 330 S for Christmas and am happy with almost everything. When searching for a restaurant using my parents Sony NAV it categorizes the restaurants such as American, Mexican etc. or more importantly coffee shops :) I was disappointed to find that my Tomtom will not do this. Is there anything I can do to add this to my Tomtom? Are there any features unique to my navigation that I should try before taking it back and exchanging it for something else?

Unfortunately, no tom tom model, even the high end ones, provide sub categories for the poi data set.

Unfortunately, no tom tom model, even the high end ones, provide sub categories for the poi data set.

:(

Are there any features unique to the Tomtom (mine in particular) that I should consider before trading it in? I love having the ability to link it to my laptop but have yet to find any advantages of doing so

If your determining factor is sub categories of pois, then your only choice is another brand such as Garmin.

I would throw it in trash....sooner or later you will anyway as I have done with a 720 and 730 and several friends had the same experience....Tom Tom makes a substandard product and they do not support it....save yourself the aggravation.

I find it surprising that you have such a negative attitude towards the company and its products, yet you continue to post here.

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, of course, but when you make statements such as you have, provide some evidence of what you say. You may have had a bad experience with the product and company but thousands have no issues.

No company is perfect nor are their products. Just log into some Garmin forums to see proof of that. But be advised that we don't take kindly to trolls here. Continue to make comments here such as:

with the intentional bug they are shady little thieves

Tom Tom makes a substandard product and they do not support it

and you will be banned.

i find it surprising that you have such a negative attitude towards the company and its products, yet you continue to post here.

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, of course, but when you make statements such as you have, provide some evidence of what you say. You may have had a bad experience with the product and company but thousands have no issues.

No company is perfect nor are their products. Just log into some garmin forums to see proof of that. But be advised that we don't take kindly to trolls here. Continue to make comments here such as:

And you will be banned.

"atta boy!"

I had a TomTom and keep hearing that Garmin is better. I bought two Garmins I tried the 350 and the 750. I sent them both back. The biggest reason I like TomTom better is I think the user interface is much more customizable. I thought the Garmin was better for someone that liked things simple. Too simple for me. TomTom gives you many more choices, like you can use IQ routing or you don't have too. Does a Garmin give you quick GPS fix? You if don't handle technology well buy a Garmin. That's how I feel about it.

The most serious Garmin fault (to me) is it keeps routing back to the place I just left (traffic jam, road blocks...).
I don't know whether they fixed it. If they don't then I don't see a Garmin in my future.

I,have the XXL-540s and hands down way better than any Garmin I've used more routing and saving routes.....:):):):)

Ask a Question