GO730 broken screen

I have a TT GO730 tha has a broken screen and only part of it illuminates. Is there someplace I can get the unit repaired or purchase a new screen and do it myself?

LCD screen

It appears the first link you provided only works on Garmin Nuvi units and the second link cannot get the LCD screens that I need. TomTom will not sell them nor do they warranty the LCD screen, If it breaks, it's yours.

Nearly $500.00 for the unit and the 3year extended warranty have just been squirted down the drain.

Yes, he came right out and said that he only fixed Garmin Nuvi units. Another person asked about a TomTom and was told the bad news.

I also found out in talking to TomTom that the LCD screen is so expensive that they will not warrant them or sell them for others to repair units. The LCD screen costs nearly $500.00 by itself and that doesn't include the touch screen that goes over the LCD screen.

If you drop your TT and break the LCD screen, just toss it in the trash cause a new unit is cheaper, or so they want you to believe.

You can get a 720 for around $150 if you look around online. If it's not "refurbished" then you qualify for latest map guarantee, which pretty much upgrades it to a 730 for free.

Probably cheaper to pay $150 then to pay for parts + labor for a repair.

Ask a Question