Go Live 1535 Screen Black

TomTom Model(s)
Go 630
I just purchased a Go Live 1535 yesterday. This morning I connected the unit to my computer, updated to the latest maps, put in my favorites, etc. The unit was working just fine. During this time I powered down the unit, and re-powered it back up. No problems.

I powered the unit down and took it into my car. I connected it via the supplied USB Cigarette lighter adapter and turned on the GPS. The TomTom drum sound was present, but the screen is black. I can't see anything.

I can do a reset of the unit by holding in the power for 30 seconds or so, and I do hear the drum sounds, but the screen continues to be black. By black I don't mean dim, I mean that the screen looks like it is turned off. Pressing buttons (which I cannot see) on the screen doesnt result in any audible feedback. The only way I know something is happening is if I do a hard reset.

If I plug the unit back into my computer, the MyTomTom software indicates that the unit is connected.

Did this thing die already!? I haven't even had a chance to use it..:(

Ask a Question