Birdman

birdmen
TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 920
go_920_front.jpg

go_920_side.jpg

go_920_back.jpg

You are welcome and thanks to dhn for sharing my other link

Not to be critical but that unit looks like a 930 :D it is black not gray like mine LOL.

Just kidding.... I think I wil pick up one of those shades myself .. it looks like it might do the trick.

please keep us posted after you have tried it out in the bright sun.

Just went and looked at link ,,, me bad I thought it was just the sunshade you were taking about not the case Sorry!

Last edited:
Not to be critical but that unit looks like a 930 :D it is black not gray like mine LOL.

Just kidding.... I think I wil pick up one of those shades myself .. it looks like it might do the trick.

please keep us posted after you have tried it out in the bright sun.

Just went and looked at link ,,, me bad I thought it was just the sunshade you were taking about not the case Sorry!

It is BLACK because of the black silicone skin I have on top of the 920. See the link that dhn posted where I have picture sof that skin. :p :p :p And, yes, I knew you were joking - I posted for OTHER people's sake....:D

I will for sure let you know how it fairs in the sun. it isn't as large as other shades I've seen, so it may lack a bit, but we'll see.

It is BLACK because of the black silicone skin I have on top of the 920. See the link that dhn posted where I have picture sof that skin.

I will for sure let you know how it fairs in the sun.

dhn,
are you complainig that your cheap 920 will now look like my expensive 930 (na-na, na na-na).

Birdman,
what are the shipping cost from the UK?
(Maybe we should make a bulk order for GTA posters.)

Have a 720, Arno, not a 920. If I ever travel to Europe (again), I figured I could borrow yours! :D

Have a 720, Arno, not a 920. If I ever travel to Europe (again), I figured I could borrow yours! :D
If you let me have yours for the duration, you will be very welcome to borrow mine.
It is understood that you first update to the newest W&CE maps. ;->)

dhn,
are you complainig that your cheap 920 will now look like my expensive 930 (na-na, na na-na).

Birdman,

Shipping is where they gotcha....item = ?4.69 (Inc. VAT) and shipping was ?9.99. This yielded a total of ?14.68. This yields approx a US $24 purchase!

Shipping is where they gotcha....item = ?4.69 (Inc. VAT) and shipping was ?9.99.
Where did you find the shipping cost to the States?
I see the amount of ? 9.99 only for express shipment within the UK.
You should have smelled a rat as export shipments are not subject to VAT.

Postage is becoming outrageous. and I wouldn't be surprised it that amount will easily double.

Where did you find the shipping cost to the States?
I see the amount of ? 9.99 only for express shipment within the UK.
You should have smelled a rat as export shipments are not subject to VAT.

Postage is becoming outrageous. and I wouldn't be surprised it that amount will easily double.

Two methods of finding hte shipping cost to the US:
1) I went all the way to the checkout process the first time to check what it would cost to my postal address

and

2) I bought one and that was the actual shipping cost :D

Or he could find a friend in that country who might ship it at a cheaper cost ..... think that would work? :D :)

Or he could find a friend in that country who might ship it at a cheaper cost ..... think that would work?
Nope, that makes it more expensive.
The overseas shipping is the same (as we hear from Birdman, coincidentally
the same as domestic express) and you now have to add the shipping cost to your friend.

Living in Toronto (the navel of the world) we have been spoiled with all those Brick and Mortar addresses around us.

My brother just sent me a book from Germany. Postage was more than the book.
He ordered it from Amazon over there and mailed it. Would have been cheaper
if he had ordered it from Amazon Canada and have them ship it to me.

dhn,

Birdman,

Arno, I think you may have mistaken dhn and GarCor since they both have the Canada flag. GarCor is the one who mentioned he had a 920 hehe.

I always mistake both GarCor and dhn as well because I tend to memorize avatars. Yea yea, the flags are different but very similar.

Arno, I think you may have mistaken dhn and GarCor since they both have the Canada flag. GarCor is the one who mentioned he had a 920 hehe.

I always mistake both GarCor and dhn as well because I tend to memorize avatars. Yea yea, the flags are different but very similar.

Flags are different because I am on the east coast and it is always windy :D thus the flag blowing in the wind.

Ask a Question