Go 920/30 latest App?

i saw on tomtom 920 application wich was like on 940 or XL IQ Route

can someone help me how the hell did he put it on 920? i cant even upload it on 930T:confused:

or where did he get it from..

Not clear what's being asked.

The latest application for the Go series (720, 730, 920, 930) is 8.351

There are links to download the x40 Navcore from TomTom on the internet and you simply extract the files from the download directly to the device using WinRar, the problem is you will find things like the mp3 player won't work and it can cause other issues with the device as the software is written specifically for the 540/740 evn the 940 has its own specific download - Mike

There are links to download the x40 Navcore from TomTom on the internet and you simply extract the files from the download directly to the device using WinRar, the problem is you will find things like the mp3 player won't work and it can cause other issues with the device as the software is written specifically for the 540/740 evn the 940 has its own specific download - Mike

soo its a bad idea downloading this app?

I guess it comes down to whether prettier icons trumps loss of some features and the occasional quirky use issues. It doesn't add "live" features. They rely on the built-in x40 sim cards. No advantages that I can see that would make me want to add an application version to my 930 that's not intended for it, introduces issues I don't have now and isn't supported by TomTom if you have a problem.

Greetings Check,
In my limited knowledge when third party and non standard applications are used there is always an unknown. What will happen if you ask it to do something it was not designed to accomplish? When we first started this forum we saw issues that owners caused themselves. The answer is what are you willing to contend with for this use. Some of the real professionals can manipulate and rewrite, modify and build changes but I certainly do not have the expertise. When there is a quality legal program or "something" available you will see if posted here no doubt, i.e. Trip Master was available with access to the author who could discuss intelligently what it would and would not do.
As the other mods have said it is up to you but we do encourage caution.

One other issue you will find is the Home application won't recognise the device, some would say this is an added bonus but unless you have the knowledge to get Home to recognise the device you won't get any updates to the Navcore or maps etc. Another issue is the boot loader that could be updated due to installing Navcore not intended for the device, this is not recoverable/ reversible so you are taking a risk messing around and for what purpose?

1/ Fancy icons (Eye Candy)
2/ Loss of music player
3/ potentially ruined device
4/ Home interface doesn't work
5/ Hastle evey time you need to update the device

Only item 4 in my list is something that would attract me to doing this - I hate that application with a vengence - Mike

Check,
The answer to your question is: NavCore 8.351. It is an OFFICIAL piece of firmware for x20 device.
can someone help me how the hell did he put it on 920? i cant even upload it on 930T:confused:
According to Admin/Mod of this room, everything that UN-official will not be helped and prohibited.

or where did he get it from..
Of course, on the web.

Personal note, TT is most flexible and tweakable, but if you choose to use the so-called unoffiicial, you are on your own way.

Ask a Question