GO 825 Charging Problem

TomTom Model(s)
GO 825
Hi All,

My GO 825 out of the blue stopped working about a month ago. It's had a lot of use since I bought about 18 months ago so my immediate thought was the battery was dead. Replaced and still had the same problem. It will function from a live feed but the green battery symbol isn't illuminating with the battery showing 0%. I gave the unit to a so called independent satnav repair expert last week and he reported a connection issue but it's come back today with the same problem. Any ideas?

If it will operate continuously on the cigarette lighter adapter, then it should also be charging the battery. So whatever connection problem the repair 'expert' was talking about, it evidently wasn't related to the cable or USB connection.

Any chance you could get him/her to elaborate upon what this 'connection issue' was about?

Personally I suspect he was an eBay chancer who did nothing whilst attempting to extract money from me! Might be interesting to hear him trying to explain himself though, will give him a bell.

Ask a Question