GO 300 Touchscreen not working - HELP!!!!!!!

I have a GO 300 with version 7.903 that - until now - has worked OK for over three years. Until now, I've been able to troubleshoot and solve every issue I've had with the device and they've been many!

The touchscreen does not accept any of the commands when the icons are pressed. I've tried reinstalling the application (no help), running clearflash several times (no use), running "checkdisk" from Windows (no issues), etc.... I can operate it from my TomTom Home but that's it. I cannot get past the "I agree" legal disclaimer screen.

Customer service - while very nice and as helpful as they could be - says there is nothing else I can do as, obviously, the unit is out of warranty. Short of tossing it - what can I do! HELP!!! And I've course I'm leaving on a trip in a few days and would love to have it up and working.

I have a GO 300 with version 7.903 that - until now - has worked OK for over three years. Until now, I've been able to troubleshoot and solve every issue I've had with the device and they've been many!

The touchscreen does not accept any of the commands when the icons are pressed. I've tried reinstalling the application (no help), running clearflash several times (no use), running "checkdisk" from Windows (no issues), etc.... I can operate it from my TomTom Home but that's it. I cannot get past the "I agree" legal disclaimer screen.

Customer service - while very nice and as helpful as they could be - says there is nothing else I can do as, obviously, the unit is out of warranty. Short of tossing it - what can I do! HELP!!! And I've course I'm leaving on a trip in a few days and would love to have it up and working.

Have you tried a pin reset (you did not mention it)?

Does not sound good.

I think I have seen some sites that sell misc parts like screens, but not sure. It would be a hard way to go anyway. New units are very cheap compared to original prices....

The touch screen is damage ,try to replace it or send it to a repair center try here

[live link removed by moderator - if you're attempting to sell your repair service as you have posted it in numerous posts, please contact our forum administrator regarding paid advertising]

http://www.satnavrepaircentre.com

Last edited by a moderator:
You are replying to a thread that is over a year old.

The OP is in the States and wouldn't benefit from the link you posted which is in the UK. Also, my understanding is that the site you listed is no longer considered reliable .

Ask a Question