Go 300 "no device connected"

I have a go300.

I am using vista. I have put in a Sd card and formated it. It shows as drive tomtom "F". In home it shows as "no device connected" I have been on the phone with TT tech support with a minimum of 30 minute wait and now their hours are over. The 300 shows a screen with a picture of the TT with a USB cord attached to it. Any help would be great.

Put the blank SD card into the Tomtom and turn it on/off a few times. (it creates some ID files).

Then put the SD card into a card reader and use HOME to update the card. It should hopefully start installing/updating applications.

Once updated, try putting it back into the Tomtom and starting up. The updates should contain a firmware update that gets the TT to be more compatible with Windows.

I have the same problem, but this technique doesn't put any files on the card in my case.

Any clues?

thanks

Tony

Tony, contact TomTom in the morning using 0845 161 0009 as they will have to send you a specific file for the device to be seen by the Home application, this issue only affect older devices but a Go-300 will fall in to this category, once the correct file is on the device (using Windows Explorer to copy the file to the unit) Home will recognise the device - Mike

Ask a Question