Given up on Transfer Wizard

TomTom Model(s)
Start 25M
I have totally given up trying to transfer my data from my old Tomtom to my new. I was kindly given the transfer info on here and it was simple to follow except for one thing. The data was taken off my old device onto my computer, unplugged that, plugged in the new and proceeded to transfer to the new. DIDN'T WORK, my brand new squeaky clean Start 25 did not have enough memory. Phone Tomtom they told me to insert an 8GB memory sim. Bought one did so, still didnt work, it was still trying to install the date on the internal memory. After several calls to Tomtom, visits to Halfords, another sim card it still doesn't work. Technical staff at Tomtom say I have corrupted files on my old device, they dont seem to understand that I have got the data off there it the new one that is the problem........Sooooooooooooo I have decided I shall have to learn how to do the following.

find on the web POI' that I would like
find on the web some speed camera sounds instead of the bog standard ones on the Start 25 which are just bells
save them on my computer
put them on my Tomtom

Thats all, its not very complicated

I am not very techno minded so I am better having instructions such as

right click on this
left click on this
click copy
click paste... and so on.

I have to add I never had a problem with HOME finding what I wanted, I find MyDrive Connect or whatever it is called not user friendly and doesnt have anywhere near as many features

Rant over, thank you for reading

Ask a Question