FM transmitter

1. Is there any program that will allow phone calls to be sent through the transmitter to the car speakers as the internal speaker really isn't that loud?
2. For best reception, should the unit be placed above or below and how close to the radio?
3. Are lower frequencies better or higher frequencies?

Thanks to all.

1. In the old firmware, you could transmit phone calls through the FM transmitter. Ver 7.XXX does not support it. If you want to trasmitt calls over FM, you'll have to revert back to 6.525 (but you lose MapShare and other ver 7 features). I think it's BS that TomTom removed features (features that were advertised with the FM transmitter when I bought it) See this thread: https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=6434

2. Closest to your antenna would be best

3. Don't know - whatever sounds best to you would be best

This is 100% true that GPS signal interfare with mp3 FM transmitter. I had the experience myself and discover it myself on 21st August 2013. I always had good GPS signal in my Google navigator. Then in one day found that its loosing the GPS signal frequently and sometime do not get GPS at all. Then I thought there is something wrong with my GPS chip in phone. So bought Tomtom 720 and tested it inside home and it was getting 7 satellite. However when I tried it in my car, it was unable to get GPS at all. Then I started thinking, there must be something wrong in the car and then the new mp3 FM transmitter strike in my mind. Surprisingly it was set to 87.5 and I took it off from the car charger and presto! The tomtom and my phone got GPS signal straight away. I was surprised and that's why checking in internet today and now I am 100% sure of my discovery. Please spread this information to all. I know there are other people suffering from the same GPS signal issue due to those cheap mp3 FM transmitter.

HI, not only is this a very old topic, but the OP's question here is about using the INTERNAL transmitter on the GO, not an external one.

Discussion about third-party transmitters should continue in the other topic you replied to, not here please.

Ask a Question