First aid guide?

I have updated my TomTom One v.2 to Navcore 7.120 and notice that one of the 'Help me!' options is a First Aid Guide. But when I click on the icon I get an error message that reads "No information is available". Has anybody else managed to access their First Aid guide?

What I have heard is that if you don't have the 6.75 North American maps, then this feature isn't available. The reasoning is that physician POIs, etc, are included on that map set whereas they are not on the 6.65 US and Canada maps.

I have the same problem... one would think TomTom could EASILY remedy this problem by giving us an update similar to the "retail stores" one that they came out with a little while ago...

Try downloading this:

*link removed*

And unzipping it into the root directory of your device. It should enable your Help Me! documentation. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
There are several functions on Navcore 7 I haven't been able to get working, but honestly the help is the biggest dissapointment for me. Everytime my wife uses the GPS it is like she is going through the learning curve all over again...my concern is if something really bad happens and she needs to find a hospital or doctor she won't remember how to do it and this help feature would have made it pretty cut and dry.

First Aid Guide only available if you are in the UK!

I have updated my TomTom One v.2 to Navcore 7.120 and notice that one of the 'Help me!' options is a First Aid Guide. But when I click on the icon I get an error message that reads "No information is available". Has anybody else managed to access their First Aid guide?

From the TomTom site:

"Help me!
Help me! provides numerous information and safety features, such as the route and phone number for the nearest hospital, First Aid guides provided by the British Red Cross and car maintenance guides provided by automobile clubs."

My guess is that the "Other Guides" icon is likewise restricted to the UK or other European auto clubs. It may eventually become available in the USA and Canada, but for now, the icons are useless. Strange that there wasn't any localization editing during the upgrade. The icons shouldn't be there for North America. Bug? :(

But first aid is first aid....I don't think you'd treat injuries different in different countries. Same thing for basic car maintenance. Seems silly not to include something.

You sure can tell how Euro-centric TomTom is...huh?

But first aid is first aid....I don't think you'd treat injuries different in different countries. Same thing for basic car maintenance. Seems silly not to include something.

I've been checking other TomTom forums for information about the bubcus buttons. I have seen very little discussion about them. I wonder if they are actually activated for the European versions after all. If they are simply placeholders, they demonstrate some very poor judgement by TomTom. That's all they need...confused and disappointed customers.:confused:

Ask a Question