Failure to install to internal memory

I've successfully downloaded a TomTom software update from the internet, but then it won't install the software to the device's internal memory. The error message that appears is:

Could not delete "J:\bin\clmapp".

Any ideas as to how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

Can you say what model you have and what you were trying to update, please? Was it an application for the model and, if so, what application version?

And I assume whatever you were trying to update was using Home, correct?

It's a TomTom XL. I was attempting to download the "TomTom Application for TomTom XL".

I was attempting to download the latest verion of the software (can't find the number now, but think it was version 2.8 something), using Home.

Cheers.

2.8 would refer to the version of Home.

Anyway, can you do this:
1. Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. If not sure how, see here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...4-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

2. Delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents. Use Explorer.

3. Connect to Home and accept the application that should be offered. Install and detach properly using the Device Disconnect icon in Home's screen.

NOTE: Use a directly connected computer to get the update, not a wireless connection.

This worked a treat. Cheers for solving the problem and also for setting out instructions in a really basic manner, so it's easy for the layperson to understand.

Ask a Question