Europe

TomTom Model(s)
Don't know
I am trying to find a location in Belgium crossing by ferry from Dover to Dunkirk. My hotel is at 5020 NAMUR-RHSNES BELGIUM but I can not set my Tomtom to this loction. Am I doing something wrong?

Don, this is a user forum not associated with TomTom. Hopefully, one of our members or mods located in the UK will see the thread and pop in but I don't know if and when that will happen. Obviously it will require someone with a Europe map covering Belgium to assist. So, I don't know when a response will come to your original question.

It would help if you said what model TomTom you are using. And what do you mean by not being able to set your TomTom to the location? As what? A favourite?

Sorry you are in such a rush... most UK members might be at work right now?

However, I'm not, and I have got Europe mapping. I'll just have a look. Give me time to research it.

(Why on Earth don't you know what TomTom you own?)

5020 NAMUR-RHSNES BELGIUM doesn't sound to me like a complete address (but I don't have intimate knowledge of how the Belgians quote their addresses)

Is that a street name and house number? - if so you've not specified a town
Or is that a town name and a post code? - If so you've not specified a street name.

I can find a town called Namur, and I can see all the street names if I browse the map of it, or if I have one or more letters in the street name I can search the street-name database.

HOWEVER if you Google the address you gave it will come up with
Rue de Rhisnes, 5020 Namur, Région Wallonne, Belgium

THAT is easy to find on the TomTom, once you know that "Rhisnes" is part of the road name, so it looks like you supplied half an address.

*IF* "5020" is a post code then I'm afraid TomTom only has postcode lookup for the Netherlands and the UK

I am trying to find a location in Belgium crossing by ferry from Dover to Dunkirk. My hotel is at 5020 NAMUR-RHSNES BELGIUM but I can not set my Tomtom to this loction. Am I doing something wrong?

I think you may have got the address slightly wrong. Namur otherwise know as Namen has several roads similar: Rue Des Reines, Rue des Reines Des Pres, Rue Des Reines-Marguerites and Rue De La Reine all of which (including Andy's suggestion) could be linked you your enquiry. Why not try to find the address by locating your destination be routing to the Hotel? (i.e. navigate to a POI - there are 96 listed hotels in Namen)

As before, try and give the name and full address and someone will look it up for you,
Also you could try the TomTom Routes which might find it for you. See HERE

Judging by his post #2, he didn't want to wait .... :(

Ask a Question