Europe map

TomTom Model(s)
When i open the "manage maps" box i see several maps including europe. Is this a guaranty that the europe map is already in the unit. When i try to go to a european city i cannot.

If you go to Manage maps-->Switch maps and see Europe, then yes, it's on the unit.

If you select Europe, you can't Drive to a location since the gps signal detects you are in Toronto (I know where that is ....... :D ). But, you CAN plan a trip from location A to location B where both are European cities.

Just, in the city screen of location A, make sure to set the country to the appropriate one for the location).

Country

Thanks for the info but i cannot figure out how to insert a country name. When i click on "navigate to, address and city center" there is no place to insert a country name.

In the city screen, top right, should be a flag symbol. Make sure it's the country you want to test.

When you select "Prepare route" (which is all you can do when you're on the wrong side of the Atlantic), the first thing it should ask is what country you want.

If you have already done this once (or the previous user did), then there will instead be a country flag in the upper right. Touch that, and reselect the country you want.

Thanks for your reply. When i open "city center" the heading is "city" and there are no country flags.

Hello and thanks for your reply. I cannot find "prepare route" on my tomtom. There are no country flags only a list of cities i have input. Please help.

?? Have never seen a TomTom that didn't do that. What firmware version are you running (not that it likely matters, but it could be so old that I don't recall how the user interface looks)?

No, the FIRMWARE version (software on your unit). Press the lower right corner at the satellite marker, and you should then see a X.XXX version number.

That's as current as it gets, but I recall when I had even older (7.221) firmware on my old trusty 720, when I used the Western European map, it always offered the country as a selectable option when I did A>B planning before I'd take a trip across the ocean.

FWIW, the selection should be in exactly the same place as you would select a STATE if you were in Canada and planning an A>B trip in the U.S. If you can identify that spot on your screen, it should also appear with country options on the Europe map planning.

Me again,
i found "prepare a/b rote" and it works but i cannot find the country screen. I always open on city.
Thanks again

@CROY
First, what country is your unit defaulting to when you try to plan A>B on the Europe map? Is there any country being indicated anywhere? How do you know what country you're in (unless you're familiar with all of the town names!?)

Next, with the North America map running instead of Europe, do you see a place in the upper right corner (or nearly so) where you can shift between Canada and any of the U.S. states when entering addresses for A>B planning?

Hello,
when i open the a/b route plan my home base is prague, which i entered. When i open destination it goes to city and there is no way to put in a country name
yes, when i'm in north america maps i can switch from canada to any state in the upper right corner.

When I switch to Plan Route for my Europe map here and select the destination, I see a flag on the top right. (which I can switch to another country). Are you not seeing that?

Attachments

• img20120507-181148.jpg
    img20120507-181148.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 330

Ask a Question