Error code 1008?

I'm getting the error code 1008 when trying to access live services, such as mobile camera updates, or My TomTom. It says there is a problem with the SIM card.
Would a hard reset fix it?

Everything seems to work OK from Home on the computer.

Anyone have any ideas?

It's a 740 live by the way.

Cheers.

I'm getting the error code 1008 when trying to access live services, such as mobile camera updates, or My TomTom. It says there is a problem with the SIM card.
Would a hard reset fix it?

Everything seems to work OK from Home on the computer.

Anyone have any ideas?

It's a 740 live by the way.

Cheers.

Mine is a 940 Go Live - and I found that the HOME software has upgraded my Navcore version to the new one that has just been released.

After this upgrade, I have the same problem as you are describing.

The new icon - Status Information shows that the LIVE network is not connected and then I get a red screen showing the error 1008 - the message also says I need to contact Customer Support.

It looks like there is a bug in the software that Tom Tom gave us.

I'm in contact with customer support, I'll report how it goes.
As a temporary measure, you can remove the new App and reload the old one, it works OK then.

Same problem with my 540. TomTom home did an app update this morning, and it's not worked since.

Tomtom tech support have tried deleting and reloading app, but still fails. During their work, they got me to delete all the old copies of apps on my computer, - so I cant now reload an old version.

I've uploaded the sys info at their request. - and am waiting .......
The girl did say they were swamped with this issue.

Error 1008

well - at least the new app is a snazzy look and feel even if it doesn't work :-(

Using Home you can download the apps again - my 740 downloads 8.371 first and that does indeed work after a re-install - though I did have to do a reset-to-factory-settings to make it work.

You need to have deleted the app from your PC before it will offer an option in Update-my-GO to download the older version.

whilst I'm here - does anyone know how to get Kate back - she was deleted during their debacle over the live services pricing change and is no longer an option to download ?

I'm so glad to see it's not me going mad, and others have discovered the same issue.

I've been trying to get my 940 to recognise the LIVE services since I got the update a couple of hours ago.

Now do I revert to the previous app whilst they sort out this 1008 error or not, as the new app is rather nice!

Hi Peeps

Same error here on my 740 Live after updating today.

"There is something wrong with your sim card. Please contact TomTom customer support Error Code: 1008."

Waiting TomTom support to help.

B

To downgrade to app 8.371, follow these directions to remove/reinstall. Tomtom HOME will reinstall 8.371, and then do a second install to 9.054. If you decline the second install you'll remain on 8.371.

whilst I'm here - does anyone know how to get Kate back - she was deleted during their debacle over the live services pricing change and is no longer an option to download ?

You can download Kate here.

I'm so glad to see it's not me going mad, and others have discovered the same issue.

I've been trying to get my 940 to recognise the LIVE services since I got the update a couple of hours ago.

Now do I revert to the previous app whilst they sort out this 1008 error or not, as the new app is rather nice!
Hi All,

First post here ever! Had just updated my 940 after some time and never had issues in the past to discover just like you all that the live services has failed, probably due to scrambled codeing. Agree that the updated app is brilliant to look at, one other issue not seen here, when you cancel a route and you have set the view to 3D it always reverts to 2D which is a bit annoying. Other than the live services issue nothing else seems amiss, so just hang in there until the good folks @ TT get a fix out.

I've had a reply from TT Support and, as you already know, there is no fix at the moment. So we'll just have to make do with the older version for a while longer.

If you've ever done a proper backup of your unit to your PC (not using Home), she'll still be there for you.

If you've ever done a Home backup, she should be there as well. Does she appear in Home when you look at the
Add Traffic, Voices, Safety Cameras, etc.
?

For UK Users of the x40 range who have updated to Navcore 9 and broken their devices as a reult of the "upgrade" please have a look at This from TomTom CS - Mike

Error 1008 - off topic slightly

so now I have Kate back and all is almost well :) - but I still have no options to hit the button that used to be on screen that used to let me enter voice commands like "navigate to a city" etc , any ideas much appreciated.

Go 740 Live...

Error code 1008 Work Arround

Hi There

The recent Application upgrade (9.054) has caused problems with certain Devices. Tomtom know about this and are looking for a fix, in the meantime they have posted a get arround solution, for Go x40Live.

Error 1008 after updating GO x40 LIVE

If this link does not work you can find it by logging in to the Tomtom Website and looking at the "Important Information" box situated on the Right hand side of the screen.

Hope it helps.

Keith

Hi There

The recent Application upgrade (9.054) has caused problems with certain Devices. Tomtom know about this and are looking for a fix, in the meantime they have posted a get arround solution, for Go x40Live.

Error 1008 after updating GO x40 LIVE

If this link does not work you can find it by logging in to the Tomtom Website and looking at the "Important Information" box situated on the Right hand side of the screen.

Hope it helps.

Keith

To cut the long story short - all they are saying is - roll back to previous version and don't upgrade software even when HOME offers you to.

It's good that Tomtom has realized this problem is widespread, enough to quickly publish downgrade instructions on their website.

but I still have no options to hit the button that used to be on screen that used to let me enter voice commands like "navigate to a city" etc ,

See this thread, same resolution steps apply to the 740.

checked out the thread as indicated above- I have European maps and I have the cspeech files in my Europe_West folder - but nowhere do I have an option for voice recognition - it used to be an icon on the main display that you could tap directly and it would say "say a command" .....

sorted - did a quick search and found I needed a file in the ASR directory called support_asr.dat with just the value of 1 in it; created one with textpad and renamed it. All now works - nice of TomTom to arbitrarily remove support like that :-(

Grrr...

I'm very grateful to this forum for posting up the link to the "workaround", but I am disappointed that TomTom have not pulled the new software from their servers until they get this fixed. Like many others, I just did an auto-update using TomTom Home, and the new software broke my LIVE Services (Error code 1008).

I just spent an hour searching for the problem, then rolling back to the old code (losing all my recent Favourites in the process, having to dig out my username and password to re-enter).

Come on TomTom, think of your customers. This problem has been outstanding for more than a week. This isn't the service I expect to get when paying for the TomTom LIVE subscription.

The irony is, I just strongly recommended TomTom LIVE to a friend only last week.

Sorry, rant over. Let's hope they get this fixed soon, the new interface looked quite good, from what I saw of it.

Come on TomTom, think of your customers. This problem has been outstanding for more than a week. This isn't the service I expect to get when paying for the TomTom LIVE subscription.

I was just thinking:

Newer software is probably the only thing that exists as a plus point for x50 range of devices which are in my opinion hardware downgrades from x40 range of hardware.

And this probably explains why Tom Tom does not want to release Navcore 9 for the x40 device - because it is likely that their market share of x50 devices would suffer.

But then the x40 devices seem to be all but gone from market. So any software upgrade they provide for x40 devices would be just to maintain their existing customer base.

So this explains why Tom Tom seem to be so directionless! Imagine a Sat Nav company that does not know where it is going! Pun intended.

Ask a Question