Does it exist? TomTom with MP3, FM & Lifetime maps

Been a long time since I posted. I've been pretty happy with my TomTom 720, using it to play MP3s via FM transmitter. I'm looking for another GPS and can't seem to quite find what I am looking for.

Newer units seem to have LIfetime maps, but no MP3 player and FM
Older units have MP3+FM, but no lifetime maps.

Did I miss a model somewhere that might have both?

From what I can tell from that table, no new products support MP3s and the only discontinued unit that supports what I want is the 740TM, which was discontinued last February and nobody has one... noooo body... darn it.

You got it in one... crying shame isn't it?

From what I can tell from that table, no new products support MP3s and the only discontinued unit that supports what I want is the 740TM, which was discontinued last February and nobody has one... noooo body... darn it.

There is no music player on the 740.

The only reasonably close thing would be an iPhone with the Tomtom app, as (so far) all map updates on the Tomtom app have been free.

Sorry about that, as a Go940 owner (which DOES have the mp3 player) I always forget that the 540 and 740 don't.

That's a real shame. I could get another 720 or 730 to replace it... but no map updates.

I started looking over at Garmin units and I've already found a couple that have FM transmitter + MP3 player + Lifetime maps. So it seems this may be my best option - defect over to Garmin.

I could get another 720 or 730 to replace it... but no map updates.

Why not?
TT still provide map updates for those models... (in fact for EVERY hardware model AFAIK)

I could get another 720 or 730 to replace it... but no map updates.

Why not?
TT still provide map updates for those models... (in fact for EVERY hardware model AFAIK)

EDITL Ahhh sorry.... now realise you mean the free lifetime map updates. (as per topic title :doh:)

Ask a Question