Do ANY third party apps work anymore due to 8.3 upgrade??

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
Do ANY third party apps work anymore due to 8.3 upgrade?? I just upgraded to Navcore 8.3 and seriously am most likey going to revert back to 8.010 since many (if not all) apps don't work anymore. I need my TomPlayer! My 720 is my portable video playerrrrrr :(

I have three Apps. Tomplayer,fuel control and itn reverse none of them work. I have reverted back to 8.01.. I hope there is a fix.....:mad:

As of right now you put the program on a SD card and when you want to use it you put the card in the unit,when you want TT you take the card back out.
Doesn't work that way on 8.1 it has a icon to use....

Jim

A post somewhere states that if you do a factory reset, your 3rd party apps WILL work with firmware 8.3.

Mind you, if so, you'd have too redo your personal settings (language, home location, time, etc) and you'll lose favourites and recent destinations.

A post somewhere states that if you do a factory reset, your 3rd party apps WILL work with firmware 8.3.

Mind you, if so, you'd have too redo your personal settings (language, home location, time, etc) and you'll lose favourites and recent destinations.

Thanks for the tip. If it doesn't work out, I'll just buy another SD card and load the old firmware on it. This time I'll get a 8 or 16GB high speed card since NOW after I bought my 4 gig, they allow bigger cards hehe.

Thanks everyone!

Ohh and the sickening part is that I would always alternate between having the SDKRegistry folder on the device and taking it off, so when I don't need my video player, I can have help me function along with other apps that dissapear by removing the folder.. The sickening part is that it wasn't till AFTER the update I realized you could set up quick menus. This whole time I coulda had my video player AND all my apps/buttons that dissapear when adding a 3rd party app by using quick menus.. :(

Last edited:
Well, a member of the UK forum DID try the factory reset process and, sadly, reported his 3rd party stuff still did not work.

Oh well .................

I have been posting with Wolfgar the developer of Tomplayer, he is working on a fix. Fuel Control is working. Reverse itinerary works in part, you can start it but you cannot exit.
I am using Ver 8.3 (9732/081030) wither this makes a difference.

I had the APP work the first time I clicked on it, but pretty quickly, it eventually froze and rebooted the TT. After the reboot, it's the same thing, where I tap the program and it just brings me back to the map. After every pin reset it tends to start, then freeze once I try to select a video file, then reboot..

Well, a member of the UK forum DID try the factory reset process and, sadly, reported his 3rd party stuff still did not work.

Oh well .................
Hooray for procrastination! Nice to let someone else act as guinea pig for a change... :D

Ask a Question