Current Map Version

:confused:

Excuse if this has been asked before. I am a new user (almost) with TT740TM still on back order through Amazon.com. So I am asking having not even touched my unit.

Is there any particular place one can check at TT or elsewhere, to confirm current map version release?

Chuck

A new map is due to release within days. You 740 is unlikely to arrive with it preloaded. Under TomTom's 30 day Latest Map Guarantee, it will be free for you to update.:)

:confused:

Excuse if this has been asked before. I am a new user (almost) with TT740TM still on back order through Amazon.com. So I am asking having not even touched my unit.

Is there any particular place one can check at TT or elsewhere, to confirm current map version release?

Chuck

Present map version is the 845 however within a few days the 850 maps will be out. If you get your 740 and it has an earlier version of your maps, you have 30 days with the latest map guarantee to upgrade so I would suggest to wait a few days for the 850 maps to come out. and then upgrade.

On the 740TM, there's no need to wait for map 850. Since you have lifetime map updates, you can upgrade to map 845 now (unless that was already pre-installed), and upgrade again to map 850 when it comes out.

For those without the lifetime map option, there's only one latest-map-guarantee upgrade available (within the first 30 days of use), and so for those people we recommend waiting for the 850 map.

Ask a Question