Change map on XL Live

TomTom Model(s)
XL Live
Hello,

I need to change the map on my XL Live from Western Europe to US&Canada.
But when I connect my TomTom with TomTom Home, I do not get the option to change or replace the map.

Please can you let me know the procedure?

Thanks,

Charles

Thank you. No i do not have both maps installed as i cannot upload the US one at the moment. I do not get this option on TomTom Home.
Shall i go on another site to upload it?

Charles

I just noticed you have said you have a XL LIVE model. So I'm assuming you got that in Europe as it isn't available in Canada (and the LIVE functionality won't work here).

So..........

Do you have a Western_Europe map and want to BUY a USA_Canada map?

(The only legit source for all tomtom maps is tomtom itself).

Yes, thats it. I want to buy the USA Canada map and upload it onto the XL Live I bought in Europe.

Then, connect to Home. Add Voices/Maps and carry through the screens to select the USA_Canada map.

This one may do:
https://www.tomtom.com/en_ca/shop/maps/#deviceSelected=ONE%20XL&mapSelected=USA%20&%20Canada

But..........

It's best to put the first 2 characters of the serial number of your unit in this screen first:
https://www.tomtom.com/en_ca/shop/maps/#deviceSelected=Via LIVE 1535

Thern proceed.........

However, I don't know whether your model has a sd card for additional storage. If not, you may have to copy your existing European map folder to the computer (and a folder named maps, if there) and then delete from the unit to make room for the new map.

Ask a Question