Car Symbol Will not Stay on 720

Hi all,
I have a 720 using V8.351 and 845.2645 Maps on a 4Gig Card (maps and Poi'S). Every time I connect using TT Home I loose the image of the "car symbol" that I have set and it reverts to the default. When I disconnect from Home I reset the symbol and everything is fine until I reconnect to Home. Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this trivial issue?
Thanks,
Steve

How to resolve it? Sure........

Go to TomTom's Development section and smack the Home developers on the side of the head! :mad:

This bug (one among many in Home) has been reported to TT repeatedly.

Car symbol loss

Thanks,
That saves me a lot of bother. I won't try to solve it and just live with it. I'm sure the develops have been hit enough so they hear the message.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Steve

I only seem to lose my car icon if I use the "Operate my Go" feature using Home. (740Live) Otrherwise there is no problem.

Make sure you do use the TT Home menu choice to Disconnect the device, before unplugging the TT. I found that if I forget to do this, my car symbol will be lost when I unplug. Then, if I change it on the TT, when I plug the TT back it, may become lost again - revert to the last symbol.

Hi all,
I have a 720 using V8.351 and 845.2645 Maps on a 4Gig Card (maps and Poi'S). Every time I connect using TT Home I loose the image of the "car symbol" that I have set and it reverts to the default. When I disconnect from Home I reset the symbol and everything is fine until I reconnect to Home. Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this trivial issue?
Thanks,
Steve

With a 3-mo old 740 Live, only way I keep car symbol same is to shut down home leaving the TT in desk holder so my desktop can still see the TT drive and SD card, and then once TTHome shuts down to go into windows and click on the little "safely remove hardware" icon in the Win XP quick launch bar at bottom screen.

If I either (1) click the icon at the bottom of the TT Home Screen (bottom right) or (2) click the windows "safely remove hardware" cion -- while TTHome is still running, my saved car icon goes back to the default silver arrow. If TTHome is first shut down, then the "safely remove hardware" icon selected, all is right with the world.

Chucik

Ask a Question