Car auto Power on - Power Off

This is a deal killer for me. Has anyone found a way to make this thing power on when the car charger gets power and off when it cuts power? The lowest end units do this. At least a power off option. I see there were some mods to get this to work on some older models a few months back, but I don't want to brick the 720.

This is a deal killer for me. Has anyone found a way to make this thing power on when the car charger gets power and off when it cuts power? The lowest end units do this. At least a power off option. I see there were some mods to get this to work on some older models a few months back, but I don't want to brick the 720.

Isn't there an option for it to autoshut off? I was sure I read that somewhere.

Not sure about the auto-on though.

Isn't there an option for it to autoshut off? I was sure I read that somewhere.

Not sure about the auto-on though.

I understand that it will power off if the TT does not sense any voltage at the 12volt outlet. I think most domestic cars have voltage at the outlet when the engine is not running and key is removed. I think some of the imports do not have voltage at the outlet when the engine is not running and the key is removed. In this case it would shut off and turn on with the ignition key.

I understand that it will power off if the TT does not sense any voltage at the 12volt outlet. I think most domestic cars have voltage at the outlet when the engine is not running and key is removed. I think some of the imports do not have voltage at the outlet when the engine is not running and the key is removed. In this case it would shut off and turn on with the ignition key.

Yes you are correct. On my Malibu, you can still charge or power the TT even if the car is turned off and the key is not in the ignition.

After going through the battery saving screen, my 720 gave me the option of turning off when external power is disconnected. This works fine, however I would very much appreciate an update to have the 720 power up when connected to external power. This way I can leave my 720 connected in my car and have it power up and down with the car ignition switch.

-MJ

The 720 doesn't power up with the ignition?
Wow I know the x10 series does that, but it doesnt power down without the mod.

Ask a Question