Cant operate 720 via home on laptop

Hi all.
My first post on this forum.

I'm able to connect my 720 device to my computer, using the latest version of home. However evey time I select the operate my device button I get an error message.

Strangely, on odd occasions I receive an update through Home which rectifies the problem but each time I update with a new version of Home the old problem returns.

Does any one have a solution to this?

I would be very grateful if someone could help.

Cheers.

Greetings.

I was so very surprised that I received a reply so fast. It was particularly exciting to receive one from Canada.

I have set out below the details of the error message I receive. It looks complicated to me but it might make sense to you.

Hope you can help.
......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

ERROR: Error: Error calling method on NPObject!
in chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/emulator/emulatorPage.js:232
Stack:
0. function startup_navigator("M67407B01947","8-351-9982-1.dll","22","Latin-1","K:*J:") unknown
1. function () chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/emulator/emulatorPage.js:232
dataFolder);
2. function ([object XML]) chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/emulator/emulatorPage.js:148
this.initEmulator();
3. function ([object XML]) chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:79
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
4. function () chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:442
this.successCallback(this.resultXML);
5. function (true) chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:430
this._doneCallbacks();
6. function ([object ProgressEvent]) chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:277
this.request.onload = function() { me._done(true); }

Time: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 11:40:16 GMT
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My best wishes. snowline

I'm not sure whether this will help or not but.........

First, download the freeware version of Revo Uninstaller from here and completely uninstall Home.

Then get a fresh copy of Home from here and reinstall.

See if you still get the error.

Also do a pin reset on your unit as well............

Just as another data point...

Am using the current? version of Home (2.8.0.2146) on my 720 (firmware 8.351). Operate My Go is working correctly with those versions.

Ask a Question