Can't get TomTom.mnu to change menu options!!

I recently received my 3rd edition and found out pretty quickly that the 3rd edition doesn't work with itinerary planning with out some customization. I've copied and pasted the proper stuff into a notepad file. I made sure it was only called TomTom.mnu and put it in a folder named sdkregistry. I even tried several times with SDKRegistry, SdkRegistry and Sdkregistry. I can't get it to switch over the menu.....pls help! This was the whole point in purchasing the unit and didn't realize that they didn't perform this function anymore.

Thanks!!!!!

I recently received my 3rd edition and found out pretty quickly that the 3rd edition doesn't work with itinerary planning with out some customization. I've copied and pasted the proper stuff into a notepad file. I made sure it was only called TomTom.mnu and put it in a folder named sdkregistry. I even tried several times with SDKRegistry, SdkRegistry and Sdkregistry. I can't get it to switch over the menu.....pls help! This was the whole point in purchasing the unit and didn't realize that they didn't perform this function anymore.

Thanks!!!!!

Just use this program to creat the custom menu file for you - http://www.gregoryduncan.com/ttmd/index.php

contrary to what I've seen posted there is no need for capitilization in the sdkregistry folder. On my one it's just as typed at left, NO caps. that might be your problem.

I wasn't able to get that program to open with Vista. It won't let me download anything earlier than the 2.0 program and it won't work unless it's a 1.1.4322 at least by what my computer is telling me.

I was able to somewhat get the thing to work by copying a zip file of someone elses. The problem appears to be that the file I was saving was a .txt file (not in the name, just the type of file) and the file that the person's was that I copied was a MNU file. I don't know how to change the type of file to MNU. Again, the name was correct, but the form the file was in appears not to be. I tried using both Word pad and Notepad without success from either.

I have it somewhat working now that I have the other person's file, but it's not customized to my preferences. If any of you have any wisdom as to how to create the MNU file, please let me know. I know I must be brain farting on this one, but alas I just can't seem to do it.

I did notice that what I have working doesn't exactly match the TYRE route that I made. It's off a bit. Is that normal?

I wasn't able to get that program to open with Vista. It won't let me download anything earlier than the 2.0 program and it won't work unless it's a 1.1.4322 at least by what my computer is telling me.

I was able to somewhat get the thing to work by copying a zip file of someone elses. The problem appears to be that the file I was saving was a .txt file (not in the name, just the type of file) and the file that the person's was that I copied was a MNU file. I don't know how to change the type of file to MNU. Again, the name was correct, but the form the file was in appears not to be. I tried using both Word pad and Notepad without success from either.

I have it somewhat working now that I have the other person's file, but it's not customized to my preferences. If any of you have any wisdom as to how to create the MNU file, please let me know. I know I must be brain farting on this one, but alas I just can't seem to do it.

I did notice that what I have working doesn't exactly match the TYRE route that I made. It's off a bit. Is that normal?

Try to do your custom menu to notepad, click save as, change save as type to "All file" and your filename should be Tomtom.mnu and click save.

Let me know if this will work for you.

Ask a Question