cant find address on tom tom? how can i find an non-listed address?!!

im putting in an adress on my tom tom, and everythings completely correct, and the address doesnt pop up, what do i do? i updated my tom tom, i have the via 1500. it cant find the address, what is this about??!!

We might need a few more clues!

Have you selected the right country or state?

Is this happening a lot, or just one address?

Does it have a postcode (back to not knowing what country you are in!)

Is it an address you don't mind sharing openly? If you can post it here, even if only partially, other people can try it on their units and see what the problem is. (Obviously don't do this if it's someone's house)

There are two common causes for this.

First, a TomTom can get very fussy about having the correct city/town name. It's a particular problem in large metro areas where there are burbs and you don't realize that the address is in one or the other.

The second possibility is that the range of addresses on a particular street hasn't been fully mapped yet. For example, an street that once went only to the 1800 block is extended over time, and addresses in the 2000 range can't be found, even if they're there.

I note that you're somewhere in SD. As asked in the previous post, can you give us an address with which to work to see if we can sort this out?

If I put in an address and it doesn't come up, I will use the cross streets and at least get me close, usually works for me.

Ask a Question