Cannot install addon for TomTom Home

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd Edition
I am trying access the "Operate my ONE" section of TomTom Home. It fails after downloading the file. It displays an error that says "Installation of the Addon" failed.

Has anyone else encountered this?

TomTom Home Version: 2.3.1.40

Thanks,
Doug

TomTom One 3rd Edition
App Ver: 7.166 OS:2332
GPS Ver: 1.21 Boot Ver: 5.5001
US & Canada Map Ver: 715.1712

I am trying access the "Operate my ONE" section of TomTom Home. It fails after downloading the file. It displays an error that says "Installation of the Addon" failed.

Has anyone else encountered this?

TomTom Home Version: 2.3.1.40

Thanks,
Doug

TomTom One 3rd Edition
App Ver: 7.166 OS:2332
GPS Ver: 1.21 Boot Ver: 5.5001
US & Canada Map Ver: 715.1712

1) Exit TomTom HOME (by right clicking on the little icon in the lower right icon tray in Windows XP an clicking Exit)

2) Try going to the following folder on your PC (NOTE: the items in RED may be different folders on your specific PC):
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\ikigjoh5.default\extensions\[email protected]\

3)Delete the *.dll file in that folder (my particular *.dll is 7-163-8493-3.dll)

4) Once deleted, go back into TomTom home and press the "Operate My One" button.....HOME should recognize that you don't have the necessary files and ask you if you want to install them again.

Last edited:
1) Exit TomTom HOME (by right clicking on the little icon in the lower right icon tray in Windows XP an clicking Exit)

2) Try going to the following folder on your PC (NOTE: the items in RED may be different folders on your specific PC):
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\ikigjoh5.default\extensions\[email protected]\

3)Delete the *.dll file in that folder (my particular *.dll is 7-163-8493-3.dll)

4) Once deleted, go back into TomTom home and press the "Operate My One" button.....HOME should recognize that you don't have the necessary files and ask you if you want to install them again.

Thanks for the reply. I can try this on my PC, but I was using it on my MacBook. Do you happen to know the workaround for a Mac? I think deleting the preference file may be the equivilent on the mac.

Thanks,
Doug

Same trouble here

Any time I try to use the Operate function, it tells me that a file is needed, downloads it, then gives an error about installation. I don't believe this problem to be with the TomTom itself, as I have tried several of my friends'. Deleting the prefs is not quite like what the other poster suggested, but it may be worth a try. I have had random crashes of the TomTom Home app on my MBP before. Not a very stable app.

Any time I try to use the Operate function, it tells me that a file is needed, downloads it, then gives an error about installation. I don't believe this problem to be with the TomTom itself, as I have tried several of my friends'. Deleting the prefs is not quite like what the other poster suggested, but it may be worth a try. I have had random crashes of the TomTom Home app on my MBP before. Not a very stable app.

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to log a support issue with TomTom. It may not resolve the issue but it's worth a try.

Are you running Leopard? I'm curious if they have a compatibility issue with Leopard or maybe the 10.5.2 update.

Deleting the preference file did not resolve the issue either.

Thanks,
Doug

i have never got the operate my device to work on my Mac. It works on my wife's PC just find, but not on the mac, not even with the newest home upgrade.

That's the main reason i use it on her computer, i love the operate device option and it's the only way (as far as i know) to make the google integration to work.

Ask a Question