Can not connect totomhome adn GO630 because of parse error

When I try to connect my tomtomgo 630 to tomtomhome I continuously get the following message:

Parse error in file "/usere/.../Home/Downloads/loguendovoice/Kate/British_English-femnale-Kate-toc". Line 2: invalid value for 'language' attribute: 'en-GB'. Valid values have RFC1760 format (e.g. 'en' or 'en_US').

Could somebody please explain to me how I can correct this error, so that I can update my tomtom.

Thank you very much!

Pieter (The Netherlands)

Is the error when you are trying to download the Kate computer voice using Home?

It appears that Home is having an issue with the installation of the application itself (The installation of voices such as Kate are part of the initial application).

You could try this:
1. Make an Explorer, not Home backup. If not sure how, see here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...4-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

2. Delete all the loose files in the root of the unit. NO folders or their contents.

3. Connect the unit to Home and re-install the application that will be offered.

Go to the %mydocuments% folder

Then within that, go to the subfolder tomtom\home\download\complete\loquendovoice

There, delete the Kate subfolder, then close/reopen HOME and try again.

May be you could reach your device through your computer and then you could remove the language file. may be that will solve your problem..good luck

Ask a Question