Can I swap N Europe For W Europe ?

TomTom Model(s)
ONE Traffic Europe 31
Hi there,

Never had a Tom Tom till today - got one 2nd hand (ONE Traffic Europe 31). Because it stated 'Europe' on the box , I assumed that meant ALL Europe . However, now I've got it up and running it's only got Northern Europe loaded. This is not much use to me as I specifically bought it to help me on a trip coming up to Italy. I've read some threads which suggest this is all to do with file size . Is it possible, through TomTom Home or whatever, to swap over the maps to Western Europe ones ??

Not enough memory in that unit to hold all of Europe these days. Europe is pretty well segmented these days.

If you can identify the first two digits of your serial number, we'll know how much memory you actually have, and will have a better idea of what will fit. Much will depend upon whether you have one of the regional UK versions (512mb or 1GB) or a broader European version (2GB).

In any case, it is possible to purchase a portion of Europe that will cover Italy.

NOTE: Since this unit is 'second hand', you MUST determine whether the prior owner registered it with TomTom, and if so, you'll want the email address and password that was used for that registration. Maps are keyed to specific unit serial numbers, and in turn, to specific accounts.

We just need to check whether it has a specific northern Europe map or if (more likely) it has one of the "zoned" version of the full Europe map.

If you look at the version info screen (see our "articles" section on how to find that screen) then does it say something like "Europe_North"? And if you connect the unit to TomTom Home, does it mention the word "zone" at all when you go to "Manage my device"?

If it does, then you should be able to switch between all five zoned maps for Europe.

But you still need to get that account information from the previous owner!

Hi there , thanks for the advice guys !. I've contacted the seller to see if I can get the login info, but not holding out much hope (well would YOU divulge that info)! The version info I have is Europe Northern Zone version 880.3868.
You also mentioned serial no. - Where would I find this ? There is a no. on the box, and on the unit which starts 'PF53.....' is that the one ?

You also mentioned serial no. - Where would I find this ? There is a no. on the box, and on the unit which starts 'PF53.....' is that the one ?

Serial No.starting with "PF" implies it is a ONE (30 Series) / 125 / 130 - 2GB

What happens if you connect the unit to your PC and run Home?
Does it let you get to "Manage my Device" without logging in?
If so, can you get to where you can switch map zones? I very much doubt it will without a valid log-in, but it might.

. I've contacted the seller to see if I can get the login info, but not holding out much hope (well would YOU divulge that info)!

No, but what you can ask him to do is to go to the TomTom website, log in with his own email address/account name and then CHANGE IT to something else, either YOUR email address, or just a throwaway dummy name ([email protected] will work fine). Change the password too, and he's done.

Then he just tells you the new name and password.

Sorted !

Guys - thanks for your input - the guy who sold me the satnav kindly gave me his TomTomHome login details , and (after some messing about - the TomTom server kept timing out) , I've now got Western Europe maps , including Italy , loaded.

I truly appreciate your help - thanks again !:)

Excellent news on the account data. Sounds like you're up and running.

FWIW, the entire European map with full POI is now running closer to 4GB than the 2GB on your unit, so as you plan your travels, you may again find yourself swapping maps in and out some day in the future. Just remember how you did it!

Ask a Question