Calibration Go 730

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730
hi
i need help with my tomtom go 730. Can't calibrating. The file cal.txt&calib.txt doesn't work.. Is any idea to repair that? I tried everything... Reset couple times.
My navi version is 9.530.

Attachments

• cal.jpg
    cal.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 1,292
  • cal.txt
    22 bytes · Views: 495
doesn't work! I make cal.txt and I put into root folder and I do reset and nothing...

Your numbers in the cal.txt in the root should look *something* like this, though yours ought to be different, of course:

926 77 830 200

Just a thought. Based upon how you have your OS configured, there is some chance that the actual name of the file you have created is cal.txt.txt. If you're set not to 'see' common file extensions, check the 'Properties' on the file to be sure of the extension.

AH --- I see that also typed "3300mV". Are you looking at the black and white diagnostic screen? That does NOT show any change you make with the cal.txt file. It is the raw data that is subsequently MODIFIED by your cal.txt file during boot.

I'm using the total commander. I change with the cal.txt, check please my attachment.

Attachments

• cal.png
    cal.png
    365.3 KB · Views: 795
Once again - I saw your comment about 3300mv. That comes from the black and white diag screen. Any change that you make in cal.txt is NOT, repeat, is NOT reflected on that screen. That is the default set of numbers set up at the factory. Your cal.txt file modifies the values you find on the diag screen during boot. So you must NOT expect to ever see ANY change on the diag screen.

You will have to fiddle with the numbers to sort out a good calibration for your particular unit.

but this file with this numbers doesn't change defaults settings... My cal.txt doesn't change anything right now. so I need find range numbers? And it's should work if I'll find? Because now I have default numbers (originals).

You must twiddle the numbers per the links that dhn gave you above to see what produces a better result than the original factory settings, yes. The only feedback you will get is a change in touch position -- nothing about the new numbers will be displayed on any menu anywhere on the unit.

IF you get into big trouble and set numbers too far so that you can't tap "Yes" to connect to your computer on startup, you can perform a reboot on your unit while it is connected (press small reset button in the bottom, carefully, with paper clip or similar item) while the device is connected to your computer. It will not ask you about connection then, it will just connect.

uhhh working! Thank you sooo much!!!!! That's the numbers:

960 185 841 141
That's a long way from 933/88, so it sounds like you needed quite a lot of correction. Glad you finally got it sorted!

Ask a Question