Bracketron BeanBag Dash Mount for the TOMTOM ONE XL

I was looking at the Bracketron site at their beanbag mount and noticed the following warning at the bottom of the item decscritpion:

" Is not suitable for use with the TomTom Go 720 and Go 920/920T. Please Note: The stock windshield mounts provided with these units do not provide sufficient clearance height to the unit needed to work properly with the Nav-Mat. "

Has anyone used this with the TOMTOM ONE XL and it's original windsheild mount? OR does anyone know if it has the same problem?

Thanks
Rick

I was looking at the Bracketron site at their beanbag mount and noticed the following warning at the bottom of the item decscritpion:

" Is not suitable for use with the TomTom Go 720 and Go 920/920T. Please Note: The stock windshield mounts provided with these units do not provide sufficient clearance height to the unit needed to work properly with the Nav-Mat. "

Has anyone used this with the TOMTOM ONE XL and it's original windsheild mount? OR does anyone know if it has the same problem?

Thanks
Rick

I am using the windshield mount...it is extremely difficult to remove the unit from the mount. The charging plug on the BOTTOM of the unit, SHOULD BE ON THE SIDE, NOT THE BOTTOM ! (TT MANUFACTURING ARE YOU LISTENING???). MIS-PRONOUNCIATION OF ALL STREET NAMES, AND CITY NAMES IS UN-ACCEPTABLE, AND MY UNIT FAILED 3 TIMES DUE TO A BRAND NEW MAL-FUNCTIONING 12-VOLT CHARGER IN MY VEHICLE. I HATE THIS PIECE OF CRAP, AND THEY WON'T REFUND MY MONEY AFTER OWNING IT FOR 16 DAYS....DO NOT BUY OR RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO ANYONE !!!

Many stores and internet sites have a 30 day return policy - check out where you got it. Manufactures never refund retail store prices.

Most people remove the mount from the windshield and not the unit from the mount, as it gives a clear invitation to GPS thieves when left bhind.

If both the plug into the unit is in firmly (easier if you remove the unit with the mount), along with the 12 volt car plug - I am surprised you hare having problems with it. Return it to the store if you can, or tell TomTom to ship you a replacement ASAP.

I just use those vent mounts in the car, kinda flimsy but they do work and it's a lot easier to remove the unit from, I don't leave the TT showing when the vehicle is parked..........

Ask a Question