Bluetooth Speakers?

I am debating buying an LG HFB 500 Bluetooth Car speaker. It is quite unique as it is solar powered battery charger as well as in car charger. Before I purchase I want to know if anyone has one & how does it work. It is suppose to be able to multi connect to up to 2 phones. What I really need to know. Can I use the Bluetooth hookup from the TomTom 920T to the speaker & too my cell phone. I find the volume of the TomTom to low to hear clearly in my diesel truck at highway speeds. It would realy be nice if I could direct my phone through my radio speakers when in 'Hands Free' mode. Any help would be appreciated. I may just have to call LG & see what they can tell me about my requirements.
Thanks in advance for all your input.

Reg

I am debating buying an LG HFB 500 Bluetooth Car speaker. It is quite unique as it is solar powered battery charger as well as in car charger. Before I purchase I want to know if anyone has one & how does it work. It is suppose to be able to multi connect to up to 2 phones. What I really need to know. Can I use the Bluetooth hookup from the TomTom 920T to the speaker & too my cell phone. I find the volume of the TomTom to low to hear clearly in my diesel truck at highway speeds. It would realy be nice if I could direct my phone through my radio speakers when in 'Hands Free' mode. Any help would be appreciated. I may just have to call LG & see what they can tell me about my requirements.
Thanks in advance for all your input.

Reg

I'm not sure it will work with both devices. I have a Jabra SP700 speakerphone and it will not connect to a cell phone and the Tom Tom at the same time. You have to choose one or the other.

Yes, but the SP 700 is not a dual signal speaker. The LG HFB500 is. I have also found one by Motorola that is designed to work through the vehicle Stereo system. I am getting more info on it as it may also be the answer I am looking for.
Thanks for your input. Hope more of you can also contribute to enable me to find what I am looking for. Will forward info on these devices as I find more to contribute.

Reg

OK. I think I have found the answer to my problem. The LG HBF500 will work by directing my Cell Phone through it instead of the TomTom. I have found the Motorola ROKR T505 can be directed through my truck FM & I can use the FM volume to control the loudness I may want. I think I willl buy one from Best Buy & try it. If I am not satisfied, Best Buy has a 30 day return policy. Can't seem to find one that will use the TomTom 920T & the Cell Bluetooth speaker at the same time.
Does anyone know if the Bluetooth feature of directing music through the FM will also direct my Cell through the FM?

Reg

Ask a Question