Blue tooth pairing and FM receiver help please:

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
Hello,

New Tom Tom 720 user here. After pairing the 720 with my samsung rant taking phone calls isnt very useful because i can hardly hear the caller on the internal speaker. I decided to try to pair the tom tom with my plantronics 340 explorer bluetooth earpiece(which is paired to my cell). When i go to pair it, it asks for a password (0000) which I enter yet it cant connect although it sees it.

The other question option is I have the tom ton configured for speaker use on my FM dial and after about 20 seconds the gps just drop out and i hear static on the station. i have to set it to the station again to make it connect.

Any help on either matter would be appreciated.

Hello,

New Tom Tom 720 user here. After pairing the 720 with my samsung rant taking phone calls isnt very useful because i can hardly hear the caller on the internal speaker. I decided to try to pair the tom tom with my plantronics 340 explorer bluetooth earpiece(which is paired to my cell). When i go to pair it, it asks for a password (0000) which I enter yet it cant connect although it sees it.

The other question option is I have the tom ton configured for speaker use on my FM dial and after about 20 seconds the gps just drop out and i hear static on the station. i have to set it to the station again to make it connect.

Any help on either matter would be appreciated.

Make sure in your volume preferences button you uncheck link volume to noice level.

As far as your second question, this is a known problem with tomtom when the newest application was downloaded. Hopefully this will eventually be fixed

Make sure in your volume preferences button you uncheck link volume to noice level.

As far as your second question, this is a known problem with tom tom when the newest application was downloaded. Hopefully this will eventually be fixed

Yeah after searching other posts i saw about that option and have unchecked it. havent tested it out yet though. I hope they fix the other thing. But even when the gps and stereo kick in and i hear the sound i make a phone call immediately and it still rings through the internal speaker of the gps and NOT the stereo. hope it gets fixed.

Thanks.

Handsfree phone call audio will only come through the built in speaker, there was a hack that could be applied to the x10 models to get handsfree audio via other sound outputs such as the line out but as soon as this was discovered TT issued an update that killed the work around - its never worked on any device since! - If you need your phone audio via the car speakers consider fitting a dedicated bluetooth handsfree kit to your car - thats what I did in the end, I use the iO-Play device others use the Parrot system - Mike

with the blue tooth i didnt realize the speaker was so low so i read that you can turn it up AFTER you make the phone call so thats fine. i was on the phone with tom tom support yesterday and they helped me get the latest map which was great (830.2284)

My firmware is version 8.351 and although the guy from tom tom said i should have the voice to speech recognition options on my 720, i dont. Ive read on here how other have it in the states and it works out of the box. Is it really worth all the fuss? I tried to do it recently and had the "greyed out" option with the buttons like others. Problem was though i already had the newest firmware and 710 map at the time.

Can you confirm what it is that doesn't work as there are two different voice systems on the device:

Text To Speech (TTS) where the device reads out road and place names.

Advanced Speech Recognition (ASR) where you can control certain functions by talking (shouting) at the device - Mike

Can you confirm what it is that doesn't work as there are two different voice systems on the device:

Text To Speech (TTS) where the device reads out road and place names.

Advanced Speech Recognition (ASR) where you can control certain functions by talking (shouting) at the device - Mike

It's the ASR. I dont have any cspeech files in the north american 2gb folder. Would wiping out the gps and starting from scratch be the best way to get those? Doing a restore doesnt help in my case and I dont know how to go about doing that. Whats funny is the tech i spoke to yesterday from tom tom said yes, it should definitely work. Then i spoke to a different tech today and he said nope, it only works on the 920 series and the European 720 version.

I replied to you in your other thread where you could more than likely find the cspeech files you need. Look there.

I replied to you in your other thread where you could more than likely find the cspeech files you need. Look there.

I replied to you over there and since this thread subject isnt related ill just keep it over there, thanks.

See this post.

Ask a Question