Blackberry 8700 pairing with the go 720 - HELP !!!!

Hi there - REALLY hoping someone can help me with this one .... I have a corporate BlackBerry where they have turned off the "discoverable" option on the bluetooth on the server - whenever I try to change the option, it says "overridden by system administrator" ... therefore, I need to have the BlackBerry "find" the TomTom ... not the reverse .... a TomTom rep told me this "was impossible" but .... I find that REALLY hard to believe .... whenever I "add device" in the blackberry ... it searches, and then FINDS the "TomTom go 720" ... when I try to add it, I'm asked for a passkey (I've been trying to enter 0000 with no luck) ... after entering any passkey, it just boots me out of the process with no pairing success

can someone PLEASE offer some guidance on this one ?

really hope someone can save me here

thank you !!!!!!!!

Hi there - REALLY hoping someone can help me with this one .... I have a corporate BlackBerry where they have turned off the "discoverable" option on the bluetooth on the server - whenever I try to change the option, it says "overridden by system administrator" ... therefore, I need to have the BlackBerry "find" the TomTom ... not the reverse .... a TomTom rep told me this "was impossible" but .... I find that REALLY hard to believe .... whenever I "add device" in the blackberry ... it searches, and then FINDS the "TomTom go 720" ... when I try to add it, I'm asked for a passkey (I've been trying to enter 0000 with no luck) ... after entering any passkey, it just boots me out of the process with no pairing success

can someone PLEASE offer some guidance on this one ?

really hope someone can save me here

thank you !!!!!!!!

Same problem here and I cound't find a way around it. My Blackberry admin said that 'could' open up the discovery option for me, but to do that my BB needs to be wiped beause once a certain security option is set, it can't be lowered. Seems drastic, but I'll try it.

thanks

thanks for the info - I've spent the last 24 hours SCOURING the net for any/all information .... I even reached out to TomTom several times to escalate the issue ... here is what I've found out ...

1) your System Admin would have to open up the discoverable option ON THE SERVER (can't do it individually) to EVERY blackberry user - it's part of the BES security software they run - there's no way a major company will do this for just one user ... PLUS, if you'r blackberry or tomtom had to be reset and lost the connection/paired device info ... this would have to be done each time

2) disable the security software yourself: requires a COMPLETE "wiping" of the BlackBerry + reinstall of all desktop manager and device manager software + reconfiguration of all internal setting to reconnect with the corporate BES etc .... essentially EXTERMELY difficult if not impossible

3) I heard back from TomTom support (several different emails) - in short, there is NO way to JUST have the BB pair with the TomTom ... the TomTom MUST be able to "find" the blackberry

I have returned the TT ... sucks because I really like it but .... Garmin makes several that are compatible ... I even paired my BB with the Garmin in the store (then deleted it of course) ...

sigh

Ask a Question