big cities and bad reception on go 700 - tips? tricks?

if you drive around the cities in san francisco or boston (and usually nyc) you will have trouble getting a reception with a go 700

what are some ways you go around such problems?

I don't have a 700 but I have been in a few cities, no external antenna and things seem fine. But then over in New England are there really and "big cities"?. I've seen posts that people have very hard times with any PND in big cities unless they have an external antenna.

I don't have a 700 but I have been in a few cities, no external antenna and things seem fine. But then over in New England are there really and "big cities"?. I've seen posts that people have very hard times with any PND in big cities unless they have an external antenna.

what are you quoting me for? i dont need you to correct me. you need to be more professional with your replies as you are a moderator and need to set an example for everyone else. your other reply was rude too, btw.

I'm sorry. Where exactly did I quote you? How am I correcting you? I simply stated I have no problems with my ONE the few times I've been in the city. If that comes across as rude to you, I do sincerely apologize!!!! And the other reply you speak of? where was that? I would like to know so I can make sure I am indeed keeping myself in check (as a Moderator to this great site).

what are you quoting me for? i dont need you to correct me. you need to be more professional with your replies as you are a moderator and need to set an example for everyone else. your other reply was rude too, btw.

uh...that was weird?!? I see no quote either.

Anyways, I second Pedro your best bet is to get an external antenna

Ditto jim, failed to see the rudeness by battom, well, maybe a bad day :p .
Also, when in a big city or losing the signal, the infalible soft reset at the beginning of each day... and presto!

Last edited:

Ask a Question