Battery Replacement

Can anyone help me out i have the tomtom one V1
i no how to replace the battery but what i want to no is when i take off the old battery will i lose the info thats on the tomtom which is not on the SD CARD.
Thanks John

Can anyone help me out i have the tomtom one V1
i no how to replace the battery but what i want to no is when i take off the old battery will i lose the info thats on the tomtom which is not on the SD CARD.
Thanks John

you won't lose anything. the tomtom is like a computer, shut it down right and everything is there when you fire it back up. The system files and the map are all stored in files on the sd card and also on the internal memory chip and they'll be there when you get the new battery installed. :)

Thanks m8 u was rite just came across one prob the new battery was a touch longer than the old one, and it has to fit into to the back of the tomtom when the back is put back on, so i had to cut away one side were the battery fits alls great thanks again
p.s were can i get free updates for the maps i have downloaded some but they dont seem to work
i have had the tomtom about 3 years
thanks john

Which battery do I need

My tomtom one died I think it's the battery after looking on the internet I found there are several batteriers to choose from my is a 1100 mah I found there is a 1350 mah, 1200 mah and a 1400 mah, all are 3.7 volts do I have to use the 1100 mah or can I use one of the others and is one better than the other. if some one knows please let me know prior to me ordering thanks.:confused:

I would think the more the mah - the better. You need to be careful about the size (see earlier post on this).

I would still like to know the mah on the x20-30 series compared to the older x91 series. The newer units have a terrible battery life, and I wonder if they downsized the mah, and if so, are there higher mah batteries available?

PS - suspicions confirmed!

I just went to a battery vendor site and noted the x10 series replacement batteries are all 2300 mah, while the ONE's are listed at only 1200 mah. The electronics of the units are basically the same, so that totally explains why my useful unconnected life was 3-4 hours on my 910 and is only 1/2 of that on my 920. And on top of that, they advertised 4 hours on the 910 and 5 hours on the x20-30's.

TomTom - can you say "class action..." ?

Last edited:

Ask a Question