Auto power off

Hello from a newb! I have hardwired my new tomtom one v3 into my car. It is on a switched power source. Is there any way to make the device turn off automatically when the power is turned off? I would like to have it turn on and off with the car key. that way I don't have to reach up and press the power button every time I get in or out of the car.

You can set the TOMTOM to turn off when the power is cut to it in the battery saving options. But you still have to manually turn it on each time.

This doesn't work for me

You can set the TOMTOM to turn off when the power is cut to it in the battery saving options. But you still have to manually turn it on each time.

In my battery saving prefs, I see these choices:
  • Never turn off screen
  • Turn off screen between instructions
  • Always turn off screen

None of these options make it so the TomTom turns off when the external power cable loses power to the unit, as far as I can tell.

what model and version do you have? I went through all the menus (that I know of) and I don't see anything related to the battery saving.

what model and version do you have? I went through all the menus (that I know of) and I don't see anything related to the battery saving.
On my TomTom One 3rd Edition, it is part of the Brightness Preferences. After you specify the brightness for day and night modes, it provides the choices I mentioned in my earlier post.

But sadly, there are no options for having the GPS power down automatically.

automatic turn OFF

Select NEVER TURN OFF SCREEN and click DONE.
Another screen will pop up--Turn OFF if external power lost(something like
that)

Select NEVER TURN OFF SCREEN and click DONE.
Another screen will pop up--Turn OFF if external power lost(something like
that)
Unfortunately, I don't see that offered with 3rd edition though :rolleyes:

The 910 lost the auto power off captability with one of the updates. We debated that issue on the forum for months but TT never offered a work around. At one time there was a patch but it is now apparently blocked on some of the later updates.

It should be on the last screen under the "preferences menu" if you have it. Either says "show all menu options" or "show fewer menus options" depending on where its set to.

The 910 lost the auto power off captability with one of the updates. We debated that issue on the forum for months but TT never offered a work around. At one time there was a patch but it is now apparently blocked on some of the later updates.

They put this option back in on the NAV 7.XXX upgrades. My One V2 can now turn off automatically where there was no option for that previously.....

Ask a Question