ATT Natural Voices vs LoquendoTTS

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom GO 920
Was thinking if it would be posible to use the ATT Natural Voices TTS Engine on my TomTom 920 rather than the built in LoquendoTTS?

Or is there any where else where I could download some more Computer Voices that can read TTS rather than the 1 built in female voice.

Could this even be done or would this need to be something the TomTom developers would need to do?

Thoughts?

Was thinking if it would be posible to use the ATT Natural Voices TTS Engine on my TomTom 920 rather than the built in LoquendoTTS?

Or is there any where else where I could download some more Computer Voices that can read TTS rather than the 1 built in female voice.

Could this even be done or would this need to be something the TomTom developers would need to do?

Thoughts?

I highly doubt you could use computer voices from other voice manufacturers. In fact, trying to use a voice from other version than the sw is a no go.

Now as to getting other computer voices from TT that can work on your unit, they are available free from TT thru Home when you go to "add maps voices" and moving three screens further with a specific "computer voices" tab. Once there, you can choose voices in many languages and, at times, regional peculiarities such as US English, UK English, Irish English etc. Just don't fall in the trap of the "add voices" tab that only offer non-computer voices on the first screen. You need to move a couple of screens further to access the right tab for computer voices.

Ask a Question