Anyone know where can I get a traffic receiver?

Hello, would anyone know where I can find a RDS-TMC traffic receiver for an older (circa 2008) TomTom ONE unit? The accessory I'm looking for has a mini-USB connector at one end (which plugs directly into the unit) and a 12V car power adapter at the other end. It basically looks like the standard car power adapter but has an antenna built into the cord.

I've seen dozens of TomTom traffic receivers on eBay and amazon but they don't have this design - I assume these are only compatible with newer TomTom ONE and GO units. I'd really like to get one that works with my older unit (which is still great and therefore I have no desire to buy a whole new unit!).

Thanks!

So the one you need is NOT the TT P/N 9V00.017 ? That's the one that worked with the One 3rd, and One XL.

So the one you need is NOT the TT P/N 9V00.017 ? That's the one that worked with the One 3rd, and One XL.

That's the one I've found, but there's no jack on my TomTom that looks like it would connect with that. The only connector I have is a mini-USB at the base of the unit, where the power adapter plugs in. This is the one I'm looking for.

I'm probably getting confused ... but I keep seeing ones like this all over the place

RDS TMC Traffic Receiver - Accessories - TomTom

that do have a USB mini-B connector, but don't have the in-vehicle charger adapter on the other end. The one they picture in your link don't seem to be available anywhere. Wish we knew the TT P/N. Would make the search a lot easier. Of interest - you might try calling TT and asking for their P/N and seeing whether or not a Google search for that does a better job for you.

I don't think the item you linked to on the TomTom web site is available to purchase as yet as that looks like a new style receiver all together with the aerial wire combined in to the power lead - Mike

Tomtom customer service

I called Tomtom and they didnt even know about it on there website. Man so dam confusing just to get a dam antenna.

Tomtom has 3 antenna types.

1) The one with a circular plug. It doesn't work with any ONE units
2) The one with a USB jack on one end and a cigarette lighter on the other end. It only works with ONE units that support IQroutes. Those started selling in April 2009, so if your model is a 2008 model it won't work with that adapter
3) The one with a USB jack on one end and a USB socket on the other (where you plug your car charger into). This is probaby the only traffic antenna that is compatible with your model, but it has been discontinued. If buying off ebay or second hand, the way to identify the model is that it has tons of white suction cups all over the cord.

Ask a Question