Any calibration adjustments? TomTom places my house on two streets over.

It seems to work fine everywhere I've gone so far but when I'm at home it places me on the wrong street. This is very weird. Its not like the two streets are close either. There is considerable distance.

Any ideas on what is causing this and/or how to tweak it?

This is on a Go 730

Go to the end of your driveway and make sure you have an unobstructed view of the sky.

Preferences-->page 2 -->Change home Location -->arrow right-->My Location. Press that!

Go to the end of your driveway and make sure you have an unobstructed view of the sky.

Preferences-->page 2 -->Change home Location -->arrow right-->My Location. Press that!

Yes, that would take care of the problem but still doesn't explain the cause. Maybe the maps filed for your street are wrong, especially if you are not having accuracy problems elsewhere. You could also submit a map correction to TomTom to review and hope they take care in a future map.

On a few occasions (maybe 4 in the past year) my accuracy will be off a few hundred feet too. I'll get on the highway and the GPS thinks I'm on the side roads doing 70mph! The recalculate trips goes nuts trying to catch up :D. Hitting the reset on the bottom seems to take car of this glitch. Maybe give that a try.

Just out of curiosity, did you set your home location by address or by accepting the gps location?

CaDreaming

Set your Home location like this.
Preferences 2 of 8 - Change Home location
Change Home location to.. - Point on map (on screen 2)
Tap the blue arrow in the upper right if it is not in the right area as your house - it goes to your current position
Zoom in and tap to set your home location then tap Done
Also note that the address numbers on the map may not correspond to the actual placement in real life.

Yes, that would take care of the problem but still doesn't explain the cause. Maybe the maps filed for your street are wrong, especially if you are not having accuracy problems elsewhere. You could also submit a map correction to TomTom to review and hope they take care in a future map.
This is most likely due to street mis-numbering. TomTom records the end-point values for each street, then divides that by the number of blocks.

You can change the street numbering ranges in Map Corrections, but it may just be that your street has a bunch of non-standard length blocks. I don't know if the map makes adjustments for things like, town blocks spilling into long winding country roads but retaining their name, etc.

OR

It could be that the map's database has the ends of your street in the wrong place (such as where a name-change occurs at a particular intersection.)

You can also change this (somewhat) in the Corrections. This causes the error on my own street & there's no way to change it, because the name-change occurs at a curve, which is not a selectable segment boundary.

Hope this helps.

R?

Look at Google Earth for your address and turn on Roads. It will likely show your street in the wrong place vis a vis the satellite shot. I think it means that the map makers didn't properly place the street. Compare the lat and long from google earth with your TT and they should match.

A street in my city Halifax, NS Ca is off by about 400 ft.

Ask a Question