advice on what Car tomtom to get to work with tyre route planning

TomTom Model(s)
rider2
Hi,

I have a tomtom rider2 which I use with the tyre route mapping and pocket GPS camera data (poi)

It works really well is there a car tomtom that works in exactly the same way that I can plug into the usb of the PC and import the routes?

Advice greatly appreciated, Thanks

Don't know anything about 'pocket GPS camera data (poi)' but to use TYRE generated routes you would have to find a 7 year of GO 730/930 or 6 year old GO 740/940.

I think that newer devices can take routes in .gpx format but I am not certain.
I have not yet tried it but some of the other moderators or readers may jump in here.

Not sure what you mean by 'camera data' unless you refer to red light and/or speed camera data. That would make sense, as I believe PGPS supplies those POI databases.
Here's the glitch on those... The newer units do support the *.ov2 files, but STILL do not provide the ability to add an audible alert when in proximity of a POI, nor do they appear on the map view while driving. Not helpful. Be advised that they are receiving constant requests for those features. Perhaps someday we'll get them.

TYRE generates *.itn files as a matter of course, and only the very high end "Bridge" unit sold in the UK supports that format, though not as well as your old Rider 2 does.

So at the moment, the answer is no. If I really needed those features in an auto, I'd be out looking around the web (eBay?) for one of the older units that Arno mentions with an eye to replacing the battery before putting it into service. We have instructions here for doing that.

Thank you very much,

I'm not keen on getting a used unit so are there other makes of sat nav that do work with tyre?
or is there another route planning system like it ?
The tomtom planner one is so poor even on PC the display stays so small and it has virtually none of the tyre helpful features.
My rider 2 is getting very tired, its a shame that progress means a new one will be less flexible & more difficult.

Thanks again, Cheers Nigel

The tomtom planner one is so poor even on PC the display stays so small and it has virtually none of the tyre helpful features.
My rider 2 is getting very tired, its a shame that progress means a new one will be less flexible & more difficult.
Have you checked into the Rider 400?
It does import .gpx routes but no hands free phone.

Indeed -- if we're opening up the options to recent Rider units instead of automotive units, it's a start.

Thank you very much my primary consideration at this time is a car unit, the Rider 2 does all I need on the bike well. Just getting a little tired & worn. What I am looking for at the moment is a cat sat nav that works exactly the same way with "Tyre" routes & POI.
I have no desire for using the phone?
Kind Regards Nigel

By the way Sorry the rider V5 premium is still on sale in the UK does anyone know if that will still run Tyre & POI please??

Ask a Question