920 remote WILL NOT LINK

Hi, I have the 920, and when I first hooked it up to TT home, while I was setting it up, i put the batteries in the remote, and it linked. Then, I unplugged it and put it in my vehicle, and it didn't work. Now, I have no clue, the remote is blinking blue for the past week, and I have left it NEXT to the tom tom for days trying to see if it would like, I've changed the batteries, hit the reset button, pushed all the buttons on the remote, and nothing, just a stupid blinking light. Any suggestions or someone who had the same problem?

Believe me, I have spent HOURS turning on and off bluetooth, i have tried to reset button, taking the batteries out, pressing buttons, downloading updates on tom tom home, EVERYTHING. And nothing..........

If you have tried everything from resetting the device, using the flash tool, etc, then ,contact TT Support and explain to them the situation. They should send you a replacement for your remote.
Does your 920 pair to your phone ok?

If you have tried everything from resetting the device, using the flash tool, etc, then ,contact TT Support and explain to them the situation. They should send you a replacement for your remote.
Does your 920 pair to your phone ok?

What's the flash tool? And the big thing I was looking for is if it happened to others, and how they got it to link. I got it to link once, so I know it's possible, but I'm getting very frustrated. The remote blinks a very steady blue light, like 3 times a second, then after like 5 minutes, it blinks once a second. It never shuts off, ( the remote).

I have had issues with my remote not linking. It happens every so often. The light on the remote just blinks and then turns off. I push a button again and the same thing..just blinks and eventually turns off. Usually after the third try it will link.

Any suggestions or someone who had the same problem?
Hallo morphes,

we had a member in the german meintomtom forum with a similar problem to yours. We found out that he once paired a mobile, but never used that mobile together with his GO x20 again. After he deleted the mobile from the TT, everything was fine. I know chances are tiny, but maybe...

Oskar

Hi, I have the 920, and when I first hooked it up to TT home, while I was setting it up, i put the batteries in the remote, and it linked. Then, I unplugged it and put it in my vehicle, and it didn't work. Now, I have no clue, the remote is blinking blue for the past week, and I have left it NEXT to the tom tom for days trying to see if it would like, I've changed the batteries, hit the reset button, pushed all the buttons on the remote, and nothing, just a stupid blinking light. Any suggestions or someone who had the same problem?

Weere you driving while trying to pair a new connection? If so, it wont work. it wont make a new pairing while moving. You need to be stopeed to establish a new connection. Once paired, then from then on you can re-establish even while moving. Note that if you have made big changes that need a reset, then you may need to make a fresh pairing with the remote.

When in doubt reset...while parked!

Weere you driving while trying to pair a new connection? If so, it wont work. it wont make a new pairing while moving. You need to be stopeed to establish a new connection. Once paired, then from then on you can re-establish even while moving. Note that if you have made big changes that need a reset, then you may need to make a fresh pairing with the remote.

I am having the same issue with a brand new tomtom 920. never linked up even though the device is sitting on the table. the blue flashing button is very annoying. PLEASE HELP!

Ok, so I went into the phone preferences and asked it to search for bluetooth phone. it didnt find the phone but found the remote!

Ask a Question