730T RDS gone!!!

I apologise if this question has already been asked. I connected my 730T to my laptop yesterday for I think only the second time. After the update it no longer recognises the RDS traffic cable when i plug it in. Any ideas will be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Did you make an Explorer backup prior to the update? And what update did you get? The application?

Stupidly I did not. With regards to the update I am not sure what was updated but it was quite a list. Like I have said I think I have only ever connected to my laptop once or twice. Is there a way you can roll back the update?

Tap the satellite bars on your unit. The next screen shows the application version number. What does it show?

Can you find out what Navcore version and map version you have got installed to the device, switch the unit on and tap the sat strength meter followed by the "version" box, the resultant screen will show you lots of information about the device including the bits I am interested in.

The reason I want this is to make sure any link I give you to roll back the Navcore is one that will still work with your current map, newer maps will only work with newer Navcore so not all possible combinations will work - its easy to do a manual install once we know what you have on th edevice - Mike

Cheers, that early map makes it a nice easy choice for the Navcore to go with it, click Here for version 8,010 which was the last decent stable release IMHO, newer versions have caused pulsing backlights, sound problems, stuttering and a few other issues, at least 8,010 actually worked and will be fine with your map.

To install simply unzip the download using WinRar and let it extract files to the actual device, this will put all the correct files in to there correct folders/ locations on the device, if you are unsure about doing this I can post up some more detailed instructions - Mike

Ask a Question