710 Phone Problems

TomTom Model(s)
Hi everyone I am new to the forum and require a bit of assistance. I updated my unit (710)via TT home because I was having phone connection problem in that the pairing would not hold without entering password all the time. Since I updated I have the problem now that it won't pair at all and hangs on the 40% progress bar then reports an error. I seem to have made the problem worse not better. I have tried other mobiloes and the same thing happens. Does anyone have any solutions/thoughts. Thankyou in anticipation, :rant:

Hi and welcome. I've no simple fix for you, but it might be worth checking some of the posts in one of the other forums I help out with.
Bluetooth & Mobile Phone Corner
There was a guy on there who was a whizz with phone issues. Sadly he's recently died, but maybe there's something there which could help.

Also, someone here may come up with an idea if you say what phone it is you;re trying to use. Some brands are a lot easier than others.

Is it on TT's compatibility list here?

Sorted

Thanks Andy, sorted by using the Flash tool now it works as I would expect.Connects automatically and stays connected. :)
Colin

Hi, Colin. I am having basically the same Bluetooth pairing problem as you described on April 5, 2012. After about 40% of loading on my GO 710, my Samsung Galaxy Trend GT-S7560 phone is disconnected from my GO 710 when trying to pair the two devices. The GO 710 screen message is the following: "Phone disconnected. An error occurred while checking phone features. Do you want to try again?"
After clicking on "Yes", the GO 710 begins checking the phone features and instructs me to enter the PIN '0000' into my phone. Afterward, the same cycle begins again. When I click on "No", the GO 710 briefly indicates it is connected to the GT-S7560 but then displays "The required features could not be found for this phone." Does this message simply indicate incompatibility between the two devices?
You stated that you sorted out your problem using the "Flash tool". Could you please provide me with a few détails? Where can I access this Flash tool and how is it actually used?
Many thanks in advance for whatever help you might be able to provide.
Kind regards,
Chris

Ask a Question