4GB MMC Card is not working properly

I have bought two months ago a new TomTom GO720. Now I have bought new 4GB MMC card and even everywhere is written that 720 supports SD and MMC cards, I am not able to work with that. I only found some troubles with using SDHC cards, but no topic abouts troubleshooting with MMC cards. My Windows XP explorer just still asks me to put the removable card in....:confused: Should I return this card to the seller or is there some possibility use it in the future???

I have bought two months ago a new TomTom GO720. Now I have bought new 4GB MMC card and even everywhere is written that 720 supports SD and MMC cards, I am not able to work with that. I only found some troubles with using SDHC cards, but no topic abouts troubleshooting with MMC cards. My Windows XP explorer just still asks me to put the removable card in....:confused: Should I return this card to the seller or is there some possibility use it in the future???

You don't say what problems you are having with your card but it does seem that TT works with cards formatted as fat32. Something to check on yours. (right click on the drive the card shows up as in Windows Explorer and look at 'properties').

You don't say what problems you are having with your card but it does seem that TT works with cards formatted as fat32. Something to check on yours. (right click on the drive the card shows up as in Windows Explorer and look at 'properties').

Hmmm....if I know the problem, probably I wouldn't be here....:eek:((( The problem is that I don't know. I downloaded and installed new TT HOME 2.x, I downloaded new firmware (now TT comunicates with computer much more faster :p) and I hoped that the problem with MMC card will be solved. I put the card in, start TT with no problems however when I want to open the card, somehow, the computer don't see it (it announce to me: "Put the removable disc in device F:"). Most probably my TT don't want to work with this card at all....and thas what surprise me....:eek:/

I have bought this card: http://meritline.com/a-data-turbo-4gb-200x-mmc-card.html

Or there is a problem I just can't put the new card in, as I unpacked it, without any other steps??? :confused:

BTW: I tried to check how the card is fomatted, but still the same problem - unknown card. When I wanted to format the card, again it called me to put the card in. Even in TT HOME I can't see the card nowhere (I should see it in Devices / Change placng install files).

PS:Sorry if my translations aren't exact (I am not using english language in my TT HOME and english isn't my native language). :D

Another brand of sdHC to avoid:

I'm on my way to return a 4 GB sd HC card from Dane-Elec (purchased at InkStop). It is not recognized in the GO720, my 1-year old Sony Vaio laptop (which has a built-in multi-reader), nor in my 1 year old digital camera. It IS recognized in my sdHC compatible USB card reader so I know it is not corrupted.

I don't add photos of music to the GO720 so the 2GB regular old sd card will have to do.

Well, if you look at this link:

http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?Language=1&query=SDHC&FID=2634

you'll see that MMC cards are supposed to work with 720's. Maybe, the card is faulty?

(and your English is fine, Syrius).

THX....:p
I already read this article before and thats why I am so confused. I tried to find out where the problem could be and the only possibility I have left is to ask somebody in hope for answers....:( So it seems I should return this MMC card and rather buy some 2GB SD card....:(

Another brand of sdHC to avoid:

I'm on my way to return a 4 GB sd HC card from Dane-Elec (purchased at InkStop). It is not recognized in the GO720, my 1-year old Sony Vaio laptop (which has a built-in multi-reader), nor in my 1 year old digital camera. It IS recognized in my sdHC compatible USB card reader so I know it is not corrupted.

I don't add photos of music to the GO720 so the 2GB regular old sd card will have to do.

Unfortunately I don't have a chance to test my card in another device. The only device I have and works with MMC cards is GO720. Anyway thanks for your words....probably I have the same problem....:rolleyes:

If Syrius (or anyone else) still has the card, I would ask him to notify me, as I'm looking for an 4GB A-Data MMC.

Ask a Question