1005 dropped / very unhappy

TomTom Model(s)
When carrying various items to my car, frustratingly, my Tomtom slipped out of my grasp. It was in a proper case and fell about 2 feet, maybe less.

Despite what was a relatively small impact, it may have been exaggerated since it was one of the 'ends' that landed rather than spread across the device. Blast!

I fear it is damaged since the touch screen (no visible damage) is responding only intermittently on the right side. The display, btw, is fine - but when I try to select 'buttons' on the right side, it is intermittent.

Worse, several times on my journey the unit started programming itself! POIs would flash up and show themselves as being selected (for example, local police stations!) and the unit would then program a route to there. Several times and without any apparent theme in terms of what caused it / time between these actions.

On my return journey I was hopeful things had calmed down since it was operating normally for a while - but then a repeat of the above.

Any suggestions as to what I can do...or is it simply damaged?

many thanks
Rob

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds. Might help. Maybe.........

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds. Might help. Maybe.........

thanks - will try.

is there a 'full' reset I can do if this fails (I don't really want to, but if I must)?

Ask a Question