New North America map version 715 now available

Mine expired on Jan 27... But I would assume that it would say so... I'm kinda annoyed though - they KNEW there would be a bunch of GPSes sold at Christmas time - yet instead of getting the maps out before the end of Jan, they probably (on purpose) waited until now to release them so we're forced to pay for the upgrade. And for the USA & Canada it's 69 pounds/eruos (I have no idea what that symbol means)... So it's either 100 or 140 bux... Sigh. That's almost 1/2 what I paid for the GPS 1.5 months ago.

Check out tomtom.com

size is 1953mb

Where you seeing the map ?? I'm getting store closed page.
closed.jpg

I would buy the new maps, but it's B.S that you have to pay for them in pounds or euros. U.S.A users get screwed with the conversion charges. Why don't they list $?

I would buy the new maps, but it's B.S that you have to pay for them in pounds or euros. U.S.A users get screwed with the conversion charges. Why don't they list $?

That's a function of the credit card company, not TomTom, that adds the conversion charges.

Would you feel better if TomTom decided arbitrarily to use a conversion of 1 Euro = $1.50 US? (you shouldn't)

TomTom is a European company; we in NA have to live with their somwhat narrow focus in many areas.

I have only had my TomTom One 3rd for a couple weeks and I can't get the new version either. Home says I have the latest version but my map version is 710.

I am starting to wonder if I bought the wrong brand of GPS....

Does anyone know what the story is on the 920? I thought it had a one year map guarantee....

I just checked and while Home finally says a new version is available - use Home's Menu, and find "use latest map guarantee" since when Home first opened it said I had the latest map and had 12,000+/- mapshares. But then it says I can purchase as I am NOT eligible for the new maps. I purchased sometime in Dec. Yup, the 30 days are gone but ONE year is NOT.

That's a function of the credit card company, not TomTom, that adds the conversion charges.

Would you feel better if TomTom decided arbitrarily to use a conversion of 1 Euro = $1.50 US? (you shouldn't)

TomTom is a European company; we in NA have to live with their somwhat narrow focus in many areas.
I think he is trying to make a different point. If you convert 70 Euros in to US dollars, it's around $102. But if the prices were listed in US currency, I doubt TomTom would be charging close to $100 for the new map. My guess is they would be sold for $80.

Well, as I can see, new maps for North America on the TomTom site cost 49.95EUR, but if you want to buy new maps from withing Tomtom Home, they are listed 'just' for 69.95EUR :( What a heck? And, I've tried to buy maps with 'home', but it says something like 'yeah, you can buy it, but it will not fit on internal memory, you should buy additional SD card' :( WHAT???
Any comments, please?

Well, as I can see, new maps for North America on the TomTom site cost 49.95EUR, but if you want to buy new maps from withing Tomtom Home, they are listed 'just' for 69.95EUR :( What a heck? And, I've tried to buy maps with 'home', but it says something like 'yeah, you can buy it, but it will not fit on internal memory, you should buy additional SD card' :( WHAT???
Any comments, please?
My first comment, TomTom Home is a crap piece of software.

What I would do is first back up your current map to your computer. Then delete the map from your TomTom. You should then be able to get the new maps without being told you need additional memory.

I have only had my TomTom One 3rd for a couple weeks and I can't get the new version either. Home says I have the latest version but my map version is 710.

I am starting to wonder if I bought the wrong brand of GPS....

What happens when you try through TTHome's map guarantee? If you don't get it that way and if you indeed have had the unit for < 30 days, I'd call support TODAY!

Is there any way to preview maps before purchase?

No, unfortunately.

What some users do if they wish to see whether a certain street, address, area, etc. is improved in the new map they're interested in is to put a call out here with a location and see if somebody with a new map can provide a screenshot. Often works.

Ask a Question