Navcore Version 7.161

Hard to say most of the time it is locking on in 5-10secs. A few times though it has taken 35-45 secs.

Nothing like the 1min+ times it sometimes took.

So I guees for the most part the gps quickfix is working as in the past.

Sat lock much faster

I find the sat lock to be much faster with this version

After upgrading to v7.161, quickfix, and radar database, it took like 15-20 min to get a sat fix although it could find 10 strong sat signals but all grayed out. Once it did sat signal was very weak (1-2 bars) and the position it showed was way off by 20km (12mi). I connected my 910 via tt home, deleted the quickfix, rebooted my 910 by pressing the reset switch. Upon switching on, it immediately got a sat fix of 5 bars (indoors) and position is spot on.

For those who updated their ONE's, is the sat lock faster?

Yeah it locked on faster but that was based on ONE try so I'm gonna see if it's repeatable. At least 1 min is faster than 4 mins.

Oh and it also managed to crash my ONE. This is the first time in > 6 months that I had to do a soft reset with the paper clip.

is version 7 worth it right now, or is it still buggy? any compelling reason to upgrade from 6?

i notice that it is not resetting my mapshare settings now when i connect it to my computer and the sat lock was a lot faster. hope it is repeatable.

I was noticing that it took longer for me to power on (holding on button around 5 secs). I didn't think that it took that long before.

Is anyone else power on taking longer... of course I can be going insane.

I was noticing that it took longer for me to power on (holding on button around 5 secs). I didn't think that it took that long before.

Is anyone else power on taking longer... of course I can be going insane.

Nope, seems to be the same amount of time for me after the update.

checked for the second time today (After leaving it for the entire day)... right now it's on my desk and says "Waiting for a valid GPS signal"

I guess my quick sat lock was a lucky one. Jeez... it went from 4 mins to not even finding the g*d d*** satellite.

Keep in mind I did update the QuickGPSFix at the same time I updated the application.

Edit: It just suddenly locked on :|... how does that work?? No warning.. just from that message above to full lock.

Last edited:
suspend now antitheft

As others I needed to reset (paperclip) after the upgrade. No big deal, I am just glad I lurk around here, otherwise....

One other wierd little note. I have a custom suspend picture. After the upgrade it changed back to the pea green TomTom theft picture. Seems that they changed the name from suspend.bmp to antitheft.bmp. Renamed my picture and everythig was back to normal.

As others I needed to reset (paperclip) after the upgrade. No big deal, I am just glad I lurk around here, otherwise....

One other wierd little note. I have a custom suspend picture. After the upgrade it changed back to the pea green TomTom theft picture. Seems that they changed the name from suspend.bmp to antitheft.bmp. Renamed my picture and everythig was back to normal.

The antitheft.bmp will show when you have the setting warn to remove device checked in the safety settings checked. If that is unchecked it will show the suspend.bmp

Day 2: It has locked on fairly quickly (I'd wager within 20 secs) just like yesterday morning. I'll try again in the afternoon and see if it makes a difference.

Also turning it on requires a slightly longer hold of the button than normal. No biggie but just an observation. Also a whiteish screen shows up before my custom splash screen. Never had that happen before.

Sat lock on my 910 is indeed fast, if not faster than with v6.5x. I notice no difference in time for switching the unit on and no problems with personalized splash screen.

Ask a Question