Free Map upgrade when you purchase TomTom

I just got a TomTom One 3rd and the manual says that I get a free map upgrade within 30 days of using the item.

The question is: is it 30 days of when I turn on the item, or when I actually connect it to my pc?

My idea is not to connect it for now, and after a year, get the newer maps :)

Also, the mapshare is valid for one year. How much is the subscription after that?

Also, the mapshare is valid for one year. How much is the subscription after that?

I think what is going to happen is TT will stop supporting mapshare updates to old maps. So, they will not be specifically charging for mapshare but you will be required to purchase a new map to continue to get mapshare updates.

The question is: is it 30 days of when I turn on the item, or when I actually connect it to my pc?
From when you turn it on I would imagine.

My idea is not to connect it for now, and after a year, get the newer maps :)
I don't think that will work. If you leave it sealed in the box for a year, then try to get new maps, that should work! :D

what rainwater said...

I have a problem to active my promotion code. It said code does not exsit or expired:mad:

Mine too.

But the TomTomonline FAQ's specifically state that you don't need the promotion code. There's a menu option for your 30-day map guarantee within TomTom Home. It said mine were already up to date (US/Canada version 710.1575)

Mine too.

But the TomTomonline FAQ's specifically state that you don't need the promotion code. There's a menu option for your 30-day map guarantee within TomTom Home. It said mine were already up to date (US/Canada version 710.1575)

That's only if you're on Home V2. But for us Mac users who only have 1.5, how do we update?

That's only if you're on Home V2. But for us Mac users who only have 1.5, how do we update?

Yes. Good question.

Although I'm also a Mac user, I checked my maps on the Windows version. I also set up MapShare there.

Right now I'm using MapShare on the Mac version. But I feel your pain... I don't see how to check Maps via the 30-day gaurantee.

Unfortunately, you'll have to use a PC for that.

Not to be a PITA, but "Use a PC" is not an acceptable answer at all. For one, the reason I don't use Windows is because I don't want to deal with all of it's BS. (It's bad enough I deal with it for a living, but that's work :)

They had this functionality for everyone and did away with it once they released 2.0. That's extremely poor if you ask me. It's one thing to have the software be delayed (although with proper programming that would not be an issue) which is fine. It's another thing to leave those that depend on this functionality to disable it.

Not to be a PITA, but "Use a PC" is not an acceptable answer at all. For one, the reason I don't use Windows is because I don't want to deal with all of it's BS. (It's bad enough I deal with it for a living, but that's work :)

They had this functionality for everyone and did away with it once they released 2.0. That's extremely poor if you ask me. It's one thing to have the software be delayed (although with proper programming that would not be an issue) which is fine. It's another thing to leave those that depend on this functionality to disable it.

I totally agree with everything you said.

But right now we Mac users have no other option.

What map version do you have now?

If it's US/Canada 710.1575, then there are no map updates available for you and you won't need a PC.

Mapshare still works on the Mac. Although I'd like to see them get the Virtual TomTom working on the Mac ASAP. :mad:

Did you find the latest Mac TomTom Home version 1.6? You'll never find it at TomTom.com because their site still shows version 1.5 as the latest. So much is missing or out of date over there, but that's another topic.

I found the link.

http://www.tomtom.com/updates/home_16_mac/TomTomHOME_1.6.020.dmg

Last edited:

Ask a Question